Our firm is an independent Registered Investment Advisor dedicated to providing clients with sustainable investment management, personalized financial planning, and innovative strategies that deliver social and environmental impact. We deliberately work with our clients to identify specific social and environmental goals and then design an aligned investment portfolio around sustainable and transformational investments. We are fee-only, employee-owned, woman-led, and a certified B Corp. Our focus is on changing the world by shifting the balance of wealth and power, and we have a clear set of values to support that work. Our team, our strategies and our clients are all aligned in our intention and share this passion. We are a small team, so each role is uniquely important at our firm, and we never hesitate to support each other.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Investment Analyst to propel our sustainability-focused investment strategies to the next level. In this critical role, you will implement and advance our proprietary portfolio disciplines, with a special focus on integrating climate risks and opportunities into our actively managed fundamental public equity strategies. The role offers an opportunity to join our young and fast-growing firm and includes significant opportunities for thought leadership, potential firm ownership down the road, and being part of a team that’s creating real impact around climate change and social justice.
As a successful candidate, you are eager to put to work your exceptional analytical skills, accumulated knowledge around both the capital markets and the environment, and strong ability to communicate your ideas and analysis. You are curious about global events and trends, passionate about uncovering promising and impactful themes, and driven to use your expertise to make a difference in the world, particularly around mitigating the impacts of climate change.
In the role of Senior Investment Analyst, you will:
- Analyze public equities across multiple sectors, integrating climate and other ESG drivers into fundamental analysis using a growth-at-a-reasonable-price (GARP) methodology
- Generate new investment ideas that are a thematic fit and have strong growth potential
- Lead research team in understanding and applying climate-related risks and opportunities, and integrating those into portfolio construction, primarily in equities
- Help team develop climate-related strategies across other asset classes, with opportunity to lead launch of new strategies and disciplines
- Prepare written reports and recommendations for internal team as well as external communications with clients
- Help create and maintain equity and balanced account models, using Black Diamond portfolio reporting software
- Oversee performance composite reporting process using GIPS® and working closely with external consultant that updates and reports portfolio performance data
- Assist with rebalancing portfolios and other team projects as needed
- Assist with strategy around climate-focused shareholder engagements
- Advise on measuring and managing the carbon footprint of our firm’s internal operations
WHAT IT TAKES
- 4+ years’ experience in analyzing securities and/or managing portfolios, preferably with a focus on ESG, sustainable and/or impact investment strategies required; 8+ years preferred
- Exceptional analytical skills, demonstrated understanding of fundamental research and valuation methodologies
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills; confidence and ability to express ideas and advocate for recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree in finance a plus
- CFA strongly preferred; may consider individuals that are somewhere on their CFA journey
- Series 65 (may be obtained within 6 months as a condition of employment)
- Strong working knowledge of climate-focused frameworks and initiatives for investors (e.g., Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, Science-Based Targets Initiative, Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative)
- A long-term perspective about the markets combined with an understanding of the urgency around decarbonization, climate resilience, and environmental sustainability
- Proficiency with Eikon, Bloomberg, Factset or similar
- Familiarity with portfolio reporting and rebalancing software: Black Diamond, Advent suite or similar
- Familiarity with additional financial industry software and systems, including custodial platforms (Schwab) and CRM software (Redtail)
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fun, hardworking, and progressive firm
- Ongoing curiosity and eagerness to learn; a commitment to ongoing professional development
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a base salary plus bonus, 401k with company match, health insurance including dental and vision coverage, paid and volunteer time off, and opportunities for training and career growth.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Our firm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Moreover, we believe that diversity of perspectives, experiences, and talents strengthens our organization and contributes to a thriving and innovative work environment. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds and identities to apply and welcome applications from women, people of color, and other groups traditionally underrepresented in finance.