LGIM America is looking for an Associate Equity/FX trader to join its Global Trading Team in Chicago.
Ideal candidate will have some experience working on a trading desk at a buy or sell-side institution.
Successful candidate should be an enthusiastic, ambitious & proven self-starter. Candidate must possess a strong willingness to develop trading skills across different asset classes with a desire to be a team player in a global organization.
- Manage and monitor the execution of trades ensuring it is in line with regulatory standards, LGIM(A)’s policies, procedures and risk management practices at all times.
- Provide investment teams with relevant market information that identifies and creates actionable investment opportunities as well as data analysis requests.
- Participate in daily tasks in support of trading activities and liaise with trading support teams as required.
- Cross-train to achieve competency in all instruments traded by the desk.
- Build strong relationships with counterparties across different asset classes on a global level.
- Work effectively within a global team structure, building relationships with traders & portfolio managers in Chicago, London & Asia.
- Challenge current processes and procedures with an aim to mitigate risk and bring greater efficiency as well as adding new ideas and initiatives to the team.
- Work with our Trading Research team to analyze, process and interpret large trading data sets to continually improve client outcomes.
- Remain informed about the evolving market structure, methods of execution and products as well as maintain competency on all trading platforms.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a trading role.
- Experience trading Equity, FX or Derivatives (Listed or OTC) along with an understanding of market mechanics and market risk.
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong risk management mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Ability to multi-task, trading different asset classes while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new asset classes and products as needs arise.
- Strong data analysis or financial coding skills (Python, R, SQL).
- Strong work ethic.
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry,
national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. (2020)