S&P Global Ratings Senior Analyst, (previously titled Associate), Structured Credit The Team:
The practice provides credit ratings of structured products that are backed by pools of assets, mainly focused on Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLO) transactions. You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists. The Impact:
S &P Global is seeking an experienced analyst to join its Structured Finance Ratings group as a Senior Analyst in the Structured Credit practice. The successful candidate will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating outstanding analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. You will have responsibility for helping with undertaking analysis for the Structured Credit team. Senior Analysts who excel in this role will have opportunities to work across other asset classes and assume greater accountabilities. What's in it for you
: Structured Finance is an important sector of capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. You will be exposed to CLO, SME, repack structure. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem solving. You will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings' companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types. Furthermore, there is the possibility to participate with the Company Data Science initiatives.
A Senior Analyst is responsible for rating CLOs and managing the end-to-end ratings process from the initial engagement through to the publication of reports. The successful candidate will review documents; consider the legal dimensions of transaction structures; develop an understanding of and apply relevant rating criteria; assess the credit profile of collateral pools and work with financial and cash flow models to stress test the structures and enhancement levels under various economic scenarios. You will also be the primary analytical contact for bankers, issuers and investors and will resolve any analytical inquiries that may arise during the rating process. At the same time, you will also be responsible for a portfolio of CLOs to monitor. Responsibilities
What we're looking for:
- Ownership of a portfolio of credits, mainly CLOs.
- Working closely with analysts to provide research and analysis for the Structured Finance team.
- Analyse data and review documentation for the analytical team.
- Conducting analyses on complicated SF transactions with appropriate risk factor identification, measurement, and presentation.
- Independently preparing and presenting analysis and recommendations to credit committees.
- Proactive participation in ratings committees.
- Review and run cash flow models.
- Undertake research in support of S&P Global Ratings published commentaries.
- Understand and implement S&P's Policies.
- Take the lead on special projects within Structured Finance as appropriate.
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Business, Finance, Economics or a related subject. You could be pursuing postgraduate studies/CFA qualification.
- Relevant industry experience in Securitization and/or CLO, credit analysis or related analytical fields.
- An S&P Global employee at this level would typically have 3-6 years of analytical work experience in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrable analytical work experience with responsibility for managing and interpreting data for analytical purposes.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment.
- Proactive team player with a w illingness-to-learn and an analytical mind-set .
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal) with the ability to prepare professional analyses and reports.
- Another European language would be desirable.
- Good/advanced knowledge of Python and/or R is desirable.
Grade 11 (for internal purposes) Location:
London or Paris Benefits
Here at S&P Global we believe in offering a competitive transparent benefits package. In London this includes a Wellbeing Support Program, Recharge (S&P Global's flexible time-off approach under which there is no prescribed maximum amount of time off you can take), our hybrid working model, our Parental Leave, and Give Back Days (five days of paid leave per calendar year to spend volunteering in your community). We encourage you to ask about our benefits during our screening process with our talent acquisition team. S&P Global
delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
"" S&P Global Ratings
is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide. S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy
(the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
293500 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom