Fund Administration Manager – Private Equity
Full Time, Permanent
Be Boring. Make Money.™ is our investment approach, but we are anything but dull. We are a diverse, passionate team united by our commitment to provide our clients with financial peace of mind and our desire to create one of the best companies in the world. A career with us will be demanding; however, the experience will also be dynamic, supportive, intellectually stimulating, and above all—meaningful. We take pride in doing things a little differently than other investment firms. Innovative ideas, diverse opinions and experiences, and teamwork are expected and rewarded regardless of title or tenure.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our team as Fund Administration Manager – Private Equity who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day business operations, administration, and accounting of our private equity fund. The individual will play an integral part in the growth and evolution of our private investments business segment.
This position reports to the Head, Investment Fund Management.
- Oversee monthly private equity fund NAV calculations
- Oversee quarterly/annual financial reporting process, including financial and capital account statements
- Prepare/review capital call and distribution notices
- Develop and maintain relationships with key service providers, ensuring the timely and accurate provision of information
- Coordinate and oversee annual audit and tax reporting processes
- Establish and maintain controls over financial reporting, expense management and other fund administration activities
- Oversee implementation of private investment valuation policy
- Develop and maintain effective policies and procedures
- Collaborate with internal teams on projects and initiatives
- Special projects & ad hoc requests as required
- 8 to 10 years’ relevant, professional experience in private equity fund accounting/administration role, preferably from within an investment management firm
- Professional finance designation (CPA/CFA preferred)
- A solid understanding of complex Canadian and U.S. fund and tax structures
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Quick thinker, business savvy, naturally curious
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Directly contribute to the firm’s growth as a global, independent investment manager.
- Learn and work within a high-performing team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results and high levels of client satisfaction.
- Be a part of a meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy; where every role is valued, and every voice heard. At Mawer, talented team members can progress quickly, regardless of tenure or experience.
- Our unique culture, which is integral to who we are and (we think) a competitive advantage. Our culture is shaped by our core values (integrity, putting clients’ interests first, excellence, teamwork, and long-term thinking) and key behaviours (curiosity, candour, accountability, and appreciation), which are much more than words on a page. They guide the way we operate, make decisions, and communicate every day.
- We strive to create a work environment that attracts—and retains—exceptional people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, and to provide the tools and support for everyone on our team to reach their highest potential. We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment, comprehensive health benefits, paid parental leave, a career development program, and more.
If this sounds of great interest to you, please apply here: https://www.mawer.com/careers/
Applicants should include their resume and cover letter.
Deadline: December 4th, 2023
Must be eligible to work in Canada. Only applications that include all required materials will be considered.
At Mawer, we are committed to strengthening our culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to attract, hire, develop, and retain the best people from a wide variety of backgrounds/experiences and create an environment where unique ideas and perspective are heard and valued. We believe a diverse and inclusive culture fuels innovation and enables more effective decision-making across the firm, helping to improve investment performance, strengthen client partnerships, and create more value for all stakeholders: clients, employees, owners and society.
We administer all practices and programs without discrimination and strive to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request accommodation or special assistance during the application process. If you are in need of accommodation or assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
We believe experience comes in many forms and we’re committed to adding new perspectives to our team. If your experience is close to what we’ve outlined, we encourage you to apply.
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent investment firm managing portfolios for a broad range of foundations and not-for-profit organizations, pension plans, strategic alliances, and individual investors for over 45 years. For more information, visit Mawer at www.mawer.com.
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.