The Investment Analyst will work closely with the Vice President, Investment Services in the management of NGL’s investment portfolios. The primary duties of the position will initially be centered on reporting, with an increasing degree of analytical contributions over time. Prefer hybrid position out of our Madison, WI office.
- Create, improve, and produce a wide variety of recurring and ad-hoc internal and external reports covering the investment portfolios, investment managers, asset classes, and specific investments and programs.
- Collaborate and assist the VP, Investment Services with managing the organization's investment portfolios.
- Prepare for quarterly Board meetings, which includes recurring reports as well as analysis and reporting on special topics.
- Develop analysis, reporting and management of internally managed assets, including commercial mortgages, private placements, and funeral home loans.
- Participate in the asset-liability management process.
- Manage routine operational matters such as cash management, tracking of commitments on the investment pipeline report, and the closing and funding of new investments.
- Conduct analysis and evaluation of potential new external managers and asset classes.
- Assist in the pricing of commercial mortgage loans, private placements, and other private debt securities.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Bloomberg is a plus.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to utilize experience, research, guidelines, and internal resources.
- Well-developed persuasion and negotiation skills when addressing issues/problems internally and externally.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Progress toward or completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation a plus.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience.