The TP ICAP Group is a world leading provider of market infrastructure.
Our purpose is to provide clients with access to global financial and commodities markets, improving price discovery, liquidity, and distribution of data, through responsible and innovative solutions.
Through our people and technology, we connect clients to superior liquidity and data solutions.
The Group is home to a stable of premium brands. Collectively, TP ICAP is the largest interdealer broker in the world by revenue, the number one Energy & Commodities broker in the world, the world's leading provider of OTC data, and an award winning all-to-all trading platform.
The Group operates from more than 60 offices in 27 countries. We are 5,300 people strong. We work as one to achieve our vision of being the world's most trusted, innovative, liquidity and data solutions specialist. Role Overview
We are looking for a Communications Director to join the Marketing & Communications team at TP ICAP, a world leading market infrastructure and information provider and FTSE 250 listed company.
This important role focuses predominantly on managing the external profile of the Group, and our five core trading brands (ICAP, Tullett Prebon, PVM, Liquidnet and Parameta Solutions).
This key role will focus on two areas; (a) UK Government Relations and (b) Media Relations in the UK, and elsewhere, for the Group and its five key brands.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can quickly build the company's profile with the key political actors and public servants in the UK and deliver an effective media relations strategy focused on the key national, and trade press, outlets. Strategic thinking, and strong executions skills, will be important. Agency support will be available and the successful candidate will work closely with the Group Head of Corporate Affairs, Marketing, and Investors Relations, other members of the team, and a range of senior executives across the business. Role Responsibilities
- To develop and implement a government relations programme that builds TP ICAP's reputation and positioning as a leading provider of critical financial services.
- Build and manage strong relationships with relevant Ministers, parliamentarians, civil servants, policy makers, the financial services sector, partner organisations, industry bodies, and other external agencies to influence the Government's agenda and ensure the best possible operating environment for TP ICAP in the key jurisdictions where it operates, primarily the UK.
- Develop thought leadership content and campaigns to promote the intellectual capital of the Group. This will include sourcing and managing partnerships with third parties (e.g. think tanks, research houses, etc.) as well as engaging with internal subject matter experts.
- Implement a thought leadership programme aimed at politicians, public officials and the media.
- Work with teams across TP ICAP (e.g., Legal, Compliance, Investor Relations, the Business, Marketing & Communications, etc.) to ensure that key policy/thought leadership outputs incorporate the views of our Group.
Experience / Competences
- To promote the profile of the Group, and its portfolio of client-facing brands, develop and deliver targeted: Media relations campaigns (international, national (predominantly UK) and trade press, plus broadcast), and Social media campaigns.
- Deliver thought leadership programmes through an integrated range of owned, earned, and paid media channels (e.g. websites, social, events, webinars, internal).
- Own media preparation, and briefings, relating to financial communications (e.g., the half year and results process).
- Issues management.
- Proven understanding of Whitehall and political dynamics (EU experience, and capability, an advantage).
- Demonstrated track record of delivery in the government relations space.
- Proven track record of delivering impactful media relations campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to adapt output dependent on channel (press release, media statements, media briefings, media Q&A, executive talking points, social).
- Solid stakeholder management skills.
- Effective execution capabilities. The successful candidate will be hands on, self-starter who 'owns' execution of tasks. Able to work flexibly, and to tight deadlines, maintaining consistently high standards and attention to detail.
- Ability to generate ideas, approaches, and insights.
Not The Perfect Fit?
- A good understanding of financial markets is advantageous, but not essential.
- Able to take a holistic view to join the dots between objectives and the action necessary to achieve those objectives.
- Demonstrates high levels of energy to set and achieve goals. Both individually and as member of a larger team.
Concerned that you may not meet the criteria precisely? At TP ICAP, we wholeheartedly believe in fostering inclusivity and cultivating a work environment where everyone can flourish, regardless of your personal or professional background. If you are enthusiastic about this role but find that your experience doesn't align perfectly with every aspect of the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be the ideal candidate for this position or another opportunity within our organisation. Our dedicated Talent Acquisition team is here to assist you in recognising how your unique skills and abilities can be a valuable contribution. Don't hesitate to take the leap and explore the possibilities. Your potential is what truly matters to us. Company Statement
We know that the best innovation happens when diverse people with different perspectives and skills work together in an inclusive atmosphere. That's why we're building a culture where everyone plays a part in making people feel welcome, ready and willing to contribute. TP ICAP Accord - our Employee Network - is a central to this. As well as representing specific groups, TP ICAP Accord helps increase awareness, collaboration, shares best practice, and holds our firm to account for driving continuous cultural improvement. Location
UK - 135 Bishopsgate - London