Ameriprise Financial is looking to add a Senior Business Unit Operational Risk Manager to the team! This role will support initiatives to enable the operational / non-financial risk efforts for Corporate Functions (Finance, HR and General Counsel). Additionally, this position will provide guidance on Operational Risk Management methodology and requirements across assigned business unit, in agreement with the overall ORM framework for the Enterprise and Chief Risk Officer (CRO). Key Responsibilities
- Lead the coordination of risk events and execution of operational/risk assessments.
- Gather and report analytics and serve as the primary point of contact/ risk liaison to ensure appropriate information exchange.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions to mitigate current and future operational risk.
- Support initiatives in compliance with Operational Risk Management (ORM) Center Excellence initiatives such as Emerging Risks, KRIs, Model Governance process, large project risk assessments, Operational Soundness activities etc.
- Consolidate and report on ORM risks, project profiles, vendor profile data management, tracking of open audits, and findings, along with respective stages and aging.
- Assist leader in engaging with BU leadership to facilitate discussions, deepen awareness, and ensure transparency and ownership of ORM processes.
- Analyze relevant Operational Risk related data from business partners and help develop trends and highlight areas of concern to senior I&A leadership.
- Develop internal partnerships that facilitate the sharing of operational risk information, subject areas, and results across functional lines, resulting in an integrated risk management effort.
- Identify key reporting topics.
- Provide leadership, training, and mentoring as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 7 to 10 years relevant experience
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong ability to lead, partner and influence others.
- Strong verbal and written skills
About Our Company
- Certifications: RIMS CRMP, GARP FRM, ABA CERP, or similar
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Business Support & Operations Line of Business