Manager, Project and Portfolio Management - Miami, FL
Are you passionate about digital banking, you know your way around digital business processes and have a robust level of Digital Banking knowledge? Are you obsessed with project management and are passionate about excellence and continuous improvement? Then it's time to join the Western Union as a Manager, Project and Portfolio.
Western Union powers your pursuit
This position requires proven experience in program management. Ideal candidates must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, and able to autonomously work on multiple assignments that may span the department. They must be capable of digging into technical details and clearly communicating schedules, risks, status, and processes to a variety of business and technical audiences. They must be able to partner closely with project managers and technical leads to coordinate schedules and deliverables. Role Responsibilities
- Drive activities for large, strategic, technically complex programs
- Develop plans and timelines
- Communicate status, updates, and program summaries/metrics via presentations, email, dashboards
- Navigate WU to effectively drive progress, even when the scope of responsibilities may be unclear
- Facilitate all build activities (including QA and UAT), as per plan (where applicable)
- Strong technical backgrounds (ideally building highly scalable platforms, products, or services) with the ability to proactively identify and mitigate technical risks throughout delivery life-cycle
- Understand most project domain technical components, including architecture, tools and deployment practices that development team is employing, including cross-system interactions and dependencies. Ensure transparency of progress and issues/risks.
- Proactively drive risk mitigation and contingency planning, along with issue resolution
- Partner to facilitate advancement of intake and prioritization /dependency pipeline
- Independently manage activities and resolve conflict within associated teams, with minimal influence from management
- Effortlessly sift through "noise" and facilitate discussions and activities with a laser focus towards results
- Coordinate with external vendors, where applicable
- 5+ years of experience managing large-scale, strategic, software development programs in a well-established organization
- Proven ability to facilitate effective communication across disparate teams
- Evidence of strong planning, delivery, and problem-solving skills
- Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (especially when working with senior leadership)
- Banking domain knowledge, or demonstrated aptitude for learning a technology-based engineering domain
- Formal project management certifications
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Project management tools
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.
Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company -transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/ Salary
The on-target earnings range is $99,705 - $161,000 per year, which includes a base salary, short-term incentives that align with individual and company performance. Actual salaries will vary based on candidates' qualifications, skills, and competencies. Benefits
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few ( https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/ ). Please see the location-specific benefits below and note that your Recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment. Your United States - Specific Benefits Include
- Family First Program
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Parental Leave
Western Union values in-person collaboration, learning, and ideation whenever possible. We believe this creates value through common ways of working and supports the execution of enterprise objectives which will ultimately help us achieve our strategic goals. By connecting face-to-face, we are better able to learn from our peers, problem-solve together, and innovate.
Our Hybrid Work Model categorizes each role into one of three categories. Western Union has determined the category of this role to be Hybrid. This is defined as a flexible working arrangement that enables employees to divide their time between working from home and working from an office location. The expectation is to work from the office a minimum of three days a week.
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.