Commercial Finance Manager
3 Month Initial Term
Are you ready to take the reins in a dynamic role that blends financial acumen, strategic thinking, and project leadership? Gresham Hunt are seeking a talented Lead Cost Strategy Manager on behalf of a retail banking client for an initial 3-month engagement, with the potential for extension.
This is an exciting and highly commercial role supporting the business through an exciting growth stage. Whilst this role will be based out of the central hub in London this is a hybrid model with only 1 day per week required in the office. Key Responsibilities:
- Strategic Financial Modelling: Craft and maintain investment models for potential store locations, enabling real-time negotiations with landlords. Run multiple scenarios to provide crucial support to our Property Team.
- Data-Driven Insights: Own and articulate key metrics and KPIs influencing investment decisions. Skillfully compare and contrast models for various sites, enhancing decision-making.
- Comprehensive Model Output: Develop and maintain a consolidated model output for all anticipated stores. Keep it updated with live assumptions as negotiations progress, ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Proactive Forecasting: Foresee and forecast both BCR utilisation and total expenditure across the new store project. Deliver insights tailored for both finance and non-finance audiences.
- Process Optimization: Design and implement a monthly control process to inform manual financial processes and review all new store costs. Foster efficiency and accuracy.
- Performance Analysis: Analyze and present Month-to-Date (MTD), Year-to-Date (YTD), and overall spending for new stores, catering to both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Strategic Planning: Build and oversee a robust plan, tracking progress against agreed-upon milestones. Effectively manage delivery risks and challenges, ensuring seamless cross-project coordination.
- Project Management Expertise: Apply project management techniques for mid-complexity projects. This includes planning, risk management, team leadership, financial oversight, governance, and stakeholder communication.
- Financial Proficiency: Demonstrated skill in financial modeling, both in construction and evaluation.
- Communication Prowess: Strong written, verbal, and video call presentation skills.
- Retail Banking Knowledge: A solid understanding of retail banking principles.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Proven ability to effectively communicate and influence senior finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Certifications: APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), Prince 2, or equivalent. MS Office Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Lean Six Sigma qualification/experience/familiarity.
- MBA or progressing towards an accounting qualification.
If you're an ambitious professional with a knack for financial strategy and project leadership, this is an outstanding new role. Please do reach out on the details below.