Who we are
Our Purpose is to help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive. Corix has been building, operating, and maintaining water, wastewater, electric, gas and sustainable energy utility infrastructure for many years across Canada and the U.S. Our vision is to be the preferred utility delivering co-created solutions our customers want. Throughout our history, we have helped communities to grow and thrive by implementing safe and efficient infrastructure solutions that meet their unique needs. At Corix our values are safety, integrity, excellence, and connection.
The Corix team has an opportunity for a Analyst, Corporate Development Vancouver, BC-Hybrid. Under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Development, this position participates in a variety of Corporate Development projects for our District Energy (DE) business, including greenfield development projects and M&A processes in North America. The Analyst will also play a key role in Corix’s corporate valuation function and lend their expertise to the FP&A team and Business Development team when necessary. As part of a new Corporate Development team focusing on DE, the Analyst will have tangible impacts on the long-term success of the team and the whole organization at large.
What you'll do
- Assist in designing and maintaining the company’s corporate financial model and perform various corporate valuation analyses, including quarterly financial covenant compliance status and monthly cash flow / liquidity review and forecast.
- Participate end to end in new investment opportunities, including developing, reviewing and maintaining financial models and forecasts to support and advise on investment decisions.
- Prepare presentations and financial analysis for the executive team and Board related to acquisitions, investments and strategic priorities.
- Periodically review and update other internal tools such as cash flow models for existing operating assets and the team’s internal databases and trackers.
- Research, monitor and evaluate the competitive landscape and new opportunities in the DE sector.
- May help manage small projects, coordinating, scheduling, and tracking the progress of projects and reporting their results.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What you bring
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ related experience; previous utility or energy experience preferred but not a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics or Business Administration, preferably in pursuit of a professional designation (CPA, CFA or CBV).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong financial modeling and project management skills.
- Resilient and able to perform under pressure to consistently deliver high-quality work within timelines.
- Must be resourceful and adapt to different situations, finding alternative resources in the face of persistent issues.
- Willingness to learn and interest in infrastructure transactions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with geographically dispersed teams.
- Normal office environment (hybrid work an option)
- Some travel is required
- Visiting working plant and or construction sites is required
Life at Corix
- Paid Time off and Holidays: We offer 15 days of vacation and 11 paid holidays.
- Extended Health Benefits: We offer our employees extended health and dental coverage that is flexible to meet your unique needs. This can include chiropractic, massages or therapy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): EAP is readily available to new employees on Day 1, giving you access to resources pertaining to confidential support services. Some examples include mental health, relationship/marital conflicts, and legal and financial issues
- Sick Hours: We offer 15 sick days that you start accruing on day 1 to ensure that you are taking care of your wellbeing without having to worry about getting paid
- Flexible Work: We are flexible when it comes to meeting your needs in terms of work location. We welcome flexible work options to support your needs
- RRSP Program: We believe in investing in your future. We match your RRSP contributions up to 5%.
- Technology in the Workplace: Access to most recent computer applications like Microsoft Suite, Video Conferencing tools and utilizing tablet, laptop and/or mobile device
- Grow at Corix: If you are interested in further developing your skillset within the role, we offer tuition reimbursements for any certification/licensing/self-development that you would like to explore.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): ERGs are voluntary employee groups that form based on shared characteristics or backgrounds and are sponsored by the organization.
Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Corix Group of Companies is an E-Verify participating employer.
People Focused and Inclusive Culture
We attract and develop connected, high performing people of diverse background, ethnicities and experiences, who achieve their goals in alignment with our purpose, vision, and values. Creating an inclusive and respectful work environment where everyone is included and able to do their best work and feel as though they belong.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at www.corix.com.
Please apply here: https://elcq.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2001/job/1040/?utm_medium=jobshare