We are seeking a Depositary Analyst to work within our Belfast Depositary team, carrying out asset verification, cash monitoring and compliance oversight for investment funds investing in private equity, real estate, infrastructure, renewable energy, forestry and other asset classes.
You will have direct responsibility for administering and managing a portfolio of Depositary clients whilst providing oversight and support to Depositary Analysts, including, but not limited to, asset verification (primarily ensuring that each Client Fund or Fund entity has supplied sufficient information to prove good legal title over the assets it owns), cash monitoring (primarily ensuring all cash transactions are consistent with the Funds operations, and cash balances are reconciled) and compliance oversight (primarily ensuring the Client is complying with all relevant aspects of the AIFMD), understanding the AIFMD legislation and managing and building relationships with clients and other key business areas). Day to day
- Each Client Fund or Fund entity have supplied sufficient documentary evidence to prove effective legal title over the assets they claim to own;
- In depth understanding of risk factors across each asset class and/or the location of assets;
- In depth understanding of the legal frameworks under which assets are held;
- Each Client Fund or Fund entity cash flows are in consistent with its operations and cash balances reconciled
- Ongoing Client compliance with the AIFMD
- Acting as the escalation point for the Depositary Analyst for more complex areas
- Setting day to day priorities for yourself and the Depositary analyst to ensure internal deadlines are met
- Managing the AIFMD reporting process, including liaising with the client and internal service centres to ensure deadlines are met
- You take responsibility for the duties delegated to you and to ensure that any concerns or potential risks are mitigated and where appropriate escalated to the Depositary Manager;
- To take the initiative and to suggest new procedures to assist the team, efficiently and effectively, going forward.
- Experience working in a finance-based role within a dynamic and pro-active financial services environment
- Working knowledge of the AIFMD
- Comfortable reading and interpreting fund and legal documents
- Strong understanding of the cash reconciliation process
- Strong understanding of what constitutes a strong control environment and the importance of compliance
- Meticulous and detail conscious
- Self-starter and comfortable working with a minimum of direct supervision.
At IQ EQ Group we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices. Company description
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.