Credit Risk Manager Funds
As a Barclays Credit Risk Manager Funds, you will be responsible to bring your Risk Manager experience to our Credit Sanctioning team, covering Hedge Funds, Asset Managers and Private Equity Funds. For this role, you will be taking a role in the analysis of our Fund credit exposures as well as being involved in formulating a fundamental risk appetite to clients and sanctioning. Furthermore, you will be in daily communication and collaboration with business units and leadership teams, regularly communicating risk levels and appetite.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis of counterparty credit quality, risk, and exposure
• Applying subject matter expertise on market and credit risk modelling and margin methodologies
• Delivering education sessions and support to more junior team members
• Spearheading independent portfolio and due diligence meetings, producing annual reviews including proposing suitable limits
• Developing and improving management information, collaborating with internal partners across Risk and Front Office to discuss market activity, risk positioning, and stress scenarios
• Being responsible for the design and implementation of improved counterparty risk limits, stress tests, scenario analysis and frameworks
What we're looking for:
• Extensive experience in a Hedge Fund credit risk or related risk management role at a major investment bank/institution
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject like Finance, Mathematics or Economics
• In-depth risk management experience across asset classes and solid product knowledge and understanding across derivative and financing markets
• Deep technical understanding of portfolio risk modelling including PFE and VaR modelling and stress testing approaches and how to examine large data sets in Excel
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Master's degree and FRM/CFA/CAIA qualification
• Python and Expert Excel - VBA & SQL preferred
• Excellent written and verbal skills with ability to prepare written analysis for many key EMEA Hedge Funds while providing effective challenge to the Front Office
• Proven ability to forge relationships and present to internal and external stakeholders
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.