Willis Investment Counsel is an independent investment and wealth management firm located in Gainesville, GA. The firm has provided investment management services for over 43 years and has approximately $3.5 billion in assets under management. The firm has 200 plus clients nationwide, with a well-established team providing exceptional service to our clients. WIC is committed to helping our clients develop and accomplish their financial objectives over long periods of time. Understandability, transparency, aligned interest, and trust have been our beacons for decades. Our investment philosophy is straightforward; we invest alongside our clients in companies that meet stringent financial and quality criteria and generally hold company positions for long periods. We do extensive work to ensure financial strength, including rigorous quantitative and qualitative assessments of the companies the firm chooses to invest in and determine ranges for valuation to ensure that each has a high probability of future success.
INVESTMENT RESEARCH & TRADING ASSOCIATE
We seek an exceptional candidate with strong analytical skills who is motivated to learn quickly and contribute to the firm’s key areas, including trading operations and investment research. While prior relevant experience is helpful, we are overweighting individual traits of excellence that are transferable to this unique position. This position will increase the firm’s support capabilities to continually improve our investment process. Our culture is flat and team-oriented. The right candidate will be able to use their skills immediately while supporting trading operations and learning equity research gradually. Responsibilities may also include fixed income and mutual fund trading and analysis. We will invest time and effort in you to ensure your success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with investment research of companies held in our investment strategies
- Assist with trade operations, including execution, allocation, and settlement
- Assist the investment committee with various projects
- Assist with fixed-income analysis
- Assist with mutual fund analysis
- Draft well-written memos on various subjects as requested.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree (or graduating within 1 year) is required; CFA and/or relevant graduate-level education (or desire to complete) is preferred
- Coursework or related job experience demonstrating an aptitude for excelling in analytical and quantitative reasoning is expected
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint required
- Investing knowledge or experience preferred; Passion for life-long learning.
- Display a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, and professionalism at all times
- Intelligent, highly curious, with strong analytical skills
- Accurate and efficient productivity; attention-to-detail is a required skill
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing Self-starter and independent thinker
- Actively promote teamwork, being approachable, and taking the initiative to help others
- Comfortable spending several years doing various as-needed projects in addition to research and trading
- Desire for self-improvement. You are expected to continue learning throughout your career. Pursuit of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation or similarly relevant rigorous learning programs are encouraged.
- Patient and process-oriented with focus on long-term outcomes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Genuine interest in long-term investing Interest in living in Northeast Georgia or having a reasonable commute to the Gainesville, Georgia office
- This position is 100% on-site without consideration of remote work.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits include medical and disability insurance, paid time off, and a 401k PSP plan.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, skills, and standards required. Other job responsibilities, skills, and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.