At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Job description: The opportunity
Due to the significant growth in our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS)
practice we are looking for a Manager in Zurich, Basel or Geneva with knowledge and practical experience in IFRS and Swiss standards and regulations and a basic understanding of process flows and controls. Knowledge of Financial Instruments Accounting is a plus (or with willingness to learn and develop on that topic).Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for successTo qualify for the role you must have:
- Plan, manage and participate in accounting and reporting projects such as GAAP conversions (Swiss Code of Obligations, Swiss GAAP FER and IFRS) as well as in engagements focused on financial instruments (e.g., IFRS 9, IAS 32, IAS 39)
- Advise our clients in applying the Swiss Code of Obligations, Swiss GAAP FER and IFRS: implementation of new accounting standards and application of existing accounting standards, accounting opinions, accounting/policy manuals, etc.
- Advise our clients in the preparation of (consolidated) financial statements and in improving their financial reporting to stakeholders
- Provide advice and implementation assistance to companies in relation to their internal control system (internal control advisory projects)
- Foster finance process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness, including re-engineering of processes and providing advice on opportunities for automation
- Ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented
- Ensure work is delivered in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Work with other service lines and subject matter experts in providing an integrated service delivery across functions in an international team to meet the clients' high expectations
- Collaborate with the partner, senior manager and client to determine a FAAS strategy that satisfies high client expectations and appropriately addresses risk considerations relating to deliverables
- Engage and develop in generating new opportunities related to new FAAS projects and relationships
What we offer
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in audit or consulting, or in industry in a finance/accounting function incl. ability to lead engagement teams
- Strong knowledge in the Swiss Code of Obligations, Swiss GAAP FER and IFRS (US GAAP is a plus) and basic understanding of process flows and controls; knowledge/experience of financial instruments accounting is a plus (or with willingness to learn and develop on that topic)
- Bachelor or Master degree (preferred in accounting/finance), complemented with completed or progress towards a further relevant professional education (e.g., Swiss Certified Accountant, CPA, ACCA, CFA or comparable)
- Proactive, flexible and team-oriented from concept and design through to implementation of projects. Intellectual curiosity and willingness to go "the extra mile"
- English is a prerequisite, being bilingual in English and ideally German is an asset
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Continuous personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please make the next step and apply for this position online.
For further information please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.