Our purpose focuses on how we contribute to society, and how our business decisions can contribute to greater trust and solving important problems. In order to achieve our purpose and deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. The people who power us - our internal teams - have a vital role to make sure we have all the right resources, services and technology to be the best we can be. Not all of us work directly with external clients.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
About Risk Management at PwC
Our Risk Management teams give PwC partners and staff readily available, expert and practical advice and solutions to help them do the right thing across a range of professional and regulatory issues. As a trusted advisor, you'll work across the firm enabling and protecting our growing and evolving business.
About the Evolving Delivery Models Risk Management Team
The Evolving Delivery Models Risk Management Team of around 15 people is focused on developing and executing risk management activities for evolving delivery models such as use of third parties, Execution Managed Services engagements, working with Service Deliver Centres, as well as helping colleagues in the firm's Business Solutions and Operate teams to identify, manage and mitigate the risks in their respective areas.
We work flexibly across multiple locations and alongside subject matter experts from across the firm. We are active members of the Risk Management community, with regular opportunities to come together for work and socialising.
As a Manager, you will work with our team's Senior Managers, to develop and provide pragmatic risk support and advice across the range of areas above.
Your work will include:
- Leading development of governance and policy recommendations for risk management in one or more of these areas
- Defining processes to identify, manage and mitigate risks in these areas
- Networking with your stakeholders to identify areas of the business where risk may exist in order to offer bespoke advice and make connections to existing activities
- Supporting engagement teams as they consider the risks associated with their work, including client acceptability, the scope of work and client contracting
- Shaping activities to manage in-flight governance and monitoring of risk management activities in these areas
- Liaising with specialist functions (e.g. Data Protection, Network Information Security and Independence) when their support is required to manage risks relating to their specialist areas.
- Reporting to one of our Senior Managers, keeping them updated on progress and discussing issues
- Keeping clear records as you manage each project and preparing document to support decision-making
This role provides plenty of opportunity for personal success and building new skills, knowledge and networks. To be successful in the role you will:
- Be curious about the role of evolving delivery models in growing our services and products and driving efficiencies
- Be risk aware, pragmatic and able to empathise with business teams without compromising on quality
- Be able to manage your time, balancing working efficiently on your own and contributing as part of a wider team
You will also take an active role in wider team activities, such as supporting delivery of key strategic projects, communications, process improvement, knowledge sharing, social activities etc.
We are looking for individuals with experience in:
- Understanding, identifying and managing risks and how those change with different types of services and delivery models
- Applying a balanced, pragmatic approach to risk management, with an appreciation of the importance of risk management in helping organisations achieve their goals, whilst also making sure it complies with any legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Building relationships with strong, collaborative stakeholder management skills and able to work across a large and varied portfolio of work, facilitating discussion across a wide range of stakeholders, appropriately managing expectations and driving projects to completion in agreed timescales
- Agile thinking, thriving in creating and driving valuable, clear outcomes from unstructured and sometimes previously unencountered challenges
- Flexing your style, adapting to changing requirements, business priorities and technology strategies, with good self-management skills and an ability to take the initiative
- Creating articulate and effective oral and written communication with the ability to simplify complex concepts, provide well-reasoned and self-assured responses to stakeholders, able to analyse and document processes and develop guidance in easy to digest forms
- Working within a diverse team, remotely and in person, including leading and coaching junior staff, sharing and collaborating effectively with others, as well as creating a positive team spirit, displaying resilience, cultural awareness and a can-do attitude