Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing, out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges. Why join us?
Why join this team?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 9 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
The Collateral Specialist filing clerk is responsible for executing tasks related to the responsibilities of the group. The File Clerk will maintain the file room, which consists of loan collateral files for 14 of the Wintrust Charters. What You'll Do
Qualifications and Experience
- Manage file requests and maintain accurate file records
- Audit file inventory
- Research document requests
- Scan documents to imaging system
- Maintain/re-organize loan files
- Distribute incoming mail
- Assist department with miscellaneous projects as they arise, including but not limited to: bank acquisitions and working with summer/winter interns
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an office or operations environment which services and supports banking line of business.
- IBS system experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills and organizational skills
- Some knowledge and understanding of various loan documents, banking processing standards, best practices, and audit control procedures
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.