Support complex network architectures by developing, designing, configuring, and implementing detailed network engineering strategies/solutions that meet and/or exceed capability, flexibility, scalability, performance, and reliability objectives for a variety of large projects, across multiple technologies, within technical area of expertise. Provide technical leadership to team/vendor/contractor resources, ensuring viability of designs, flawless execution, and seamless transition into the production environment. Key Responsibilities:
- Independently perform highly complex assignments.
- Network design, architecture, management, and deployment of new and existing routing and switching within campus and data center networks.
- Lead proper execution of network changes & updates in accordance with corporate security policies to meet business requirements.
- Responsible for network performance and security monitoring in addition to being able to troubleshoot network-related issues in a logical manner.
- Research, recommend, and establish innovative solutions for proper capacity planning that scale with the business growth.
- Where possible, introduce automation for daily routine administrative tasks.
- Collaborates with all Information Technology (IT) disciplines.
- Creates, maintains, and updates documentation with most relevant information.
- Escalation resource during major incidents and outages as needed.
- Perform other special project and duties as assigned.
- Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution, and provide ongoing life-cycle support for network deployments and upgrades.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure project scoping activities are aligned with architectural objectives.
- Participate and provide input into the continual refinement of processes, policies, and best practices to ensure optimal performance and availability of technologies.
- Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant networking experience required.
- 7-10 years of experience with network design and engineering.
- Strong analytical and customer service abilities.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- Strong thought leadership abilities and a highly innovative problem solver.
- Ability to coach and mentor experienced Network engineering staff.
About Our Company
- Cisco Platforms: routing and switching (ISR/ASR/Nexus/Catalyst), wireless, ACI, Meraki, SDWAN, ISE
- Cloud Networking - AWS, Azure
- Automation & scripting
- Network monitoring, NetFlow, capacity management
- Packet Broker - Gigamon
- Packet capture and analysis - Gigastor, Opnet, Wireshark
- Firewalls - Palo Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint
- F5 - Big IP, LTM, GTM, ASM, AFM
- Infoblox - DNS, DHCP, NTP
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Technology Line of Business