Ameriprise has an exciting opportunity for an Advisor Lending and Collections Manager to join our team! This newly created role will contribute to the overall success of a growing Advisor Lending business and an established Collections Team by providing financial and operational support. The individual in this role will be responsible for financial analysis, execution of processes, developing and generating reports, cross-organizational document review processes, refinement of process and procedures, identification of risks, and relationship building across the organization. Key Responsibilities
- Executes program initiatives within expectations, ensuring deliverables are met in an accurate and timely fashion. Partner across organizations to ensure linkages are identified and addressed.
- Supports loan disbursement and underwriting processes and analysis, including communication with financial advisors regarding lending requests.
- Accountable for tracking and analysis of program performance and post-loan advisor economics through report execution and development.
- Manages daily team collections processes and reporting, including new case set-up, communication with borrowers, payment tracking, tax reporting, decision support, results reporting and audits.
- Proactively engages and collaborates with business partners to drive high-quality, timely decision making and deliver results. Reponsible for quality of work supporting decisions.
- Supports external counsel in the FINRA mediation and arbitration process, including gathering documents to present in the collection case.
- Identifies firm risk and outlines options to mitigate.
- Participates in projects to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner; identifies issues and escalates when necessary.
- Potential for direct people leadership for Sr. Business Program Coordinator supporting the Collections Team; provide work direction and guidance to support staff in India.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience required
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Ability to proactively identify risks and formulate potential solutions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives and present findings to leadership
- Very strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of completing tasks accurately and on time in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively reprioritize work as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
About Our Company
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, including lending concepts and FINRA arbitration process
- Project management experience
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Business Support & Operations Line of Business