Ameriprise Financial has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join the team! This position would be responsible for performing a number of processes including impairments, assets under management, investment portfolio accounting and bank holding company reporting. Serves as a backup for daily accounting and reporting for various derivative portfolios. Partners with the business and internal Finance partners to develop and implement accounting practices consistent with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and other governing agencies such as SEC, NAIC and bank regulators. Participate in enterprise / team projects (i.e. new accounting standards, system projects, etc.) as needed. Key Responsibilities
- Perform investment accounting processes for a variety of transactions within PAM accounting system in accordance with GAAP, statutory, internal and external policies, procedures and authorizations. Prepare journal entries; review, analyze and resolve complex issues in accounting transactions.
- Serves as a backup for performing daily derivative reconciliation processes; includes research, analysis and resolution of issues under the guidance of Derivative Manager.
- Responsible for several complex investment accounting and reporting processes such as Impairments, Assets Under Management, Transfer Pricing and Bank Holding Company reporting.
- Participate in enterprise and team projects as needed including development and documentation of procedures and establishment of controls.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of accounting experience;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle detailed work; analyze results, yet understand the "big picture"
About Our Company
- Strong business knowledge of investments and GAAP accounting treatment
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Understanding of financial instruments
- Strong technical skills including advanced Excel and some Access database knowledge
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end process flows, systems, controls and impacts across products and business lines they support.
- Experience with WorkDay general ledger accounting system
- Publicly-traded company experience
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Finance Line of Business