Risk is all around us and in our complex world, is changing all the time. Our teams bring people from diverse backgrounds together, using their skills and cutting-edge technology, to help solve complex problems. We are pioneers in a world of changing risk and our market leading services build resilient organisations. Join us and together, we can support our clients to rethink risk. About the role:
The prudential regulatory regime continues to evolve with major developments such as CRRII impacting the way firms calculate and manage their regulatory liquidity and funding going forward. In addition, the regulators continue to apply increasing supervisory scrutiny over prudential regulatory reporting (including external liquidity reporting assurance expectations and Skilled Persons Reports over liquidity). These present challenges for firms both for ongoing compliance and also from a strategic perspective on how they manage 'business as usual' as well as change and transformation programmes. Firms need technical and practical advice, support and insights on how to adapt to these challenges which in turn creates exciting opportunities for us as advisors bringing our deep technical expertise and experience as well as our transformation, technical tools and innovative solutions.
We are looking for candidates who have detailed regulatory technical knowledge and experience, including the associated technical rules and guidance, in Pillar 1 liquidity including LCR, PRA110, ALMM and NSFR. This will likely include the associated regulatory reporting (e.g. PRA and COREP returns). Responsibilities:
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy and technology transformation, assurance over regulatory reporting, remediation and responding to regulatory developments. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading teams on large and small engagements - working as part of a project team on client sites and day-to-day liaison with clients
- Identifying the impact of prudential regulatory change and supporting clients to adapt to the challenges a new regulatory landscape presents
- Working on projects relating to various components of Pillar 1 liquidity requirements including regulatory reporting and associated governance and controls, risk management frameworks, policies and procedures, risk measurement, monitoring and reporting and use of technology tools and innovations
- Leading and supporting s166 Skilled Person reviews
- Preparing regulatory analysis and reports
- Driving the development of marketing and sales activities
- Relationship building and networking with clients and internally across PwC
- Providing input to the debate on development and application of regulation and participating in PwC's Thought Leadership
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Knowledge and experience of at least one of retail, commercial, wholesale and/or investment banking sectors.
- Extensive experience in financial services prudential requirements [10+ years], predominantly in liquidity. Candidates with less experience will be considered at the Senior Manager level.
- Strong relationship management skills as well as experience in project management and/or managing small teams/individuals.
- Experience of problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions tailored to a client's needs.
The technical skills we are looking for are specific to Pillar 1 liquidity requirements. We need individuals with skills in a combination of the following:
- Detailed understanding of the COREP and other PRA prudential regulatory reporting requirements and associated governance and controls frameworks (relating to liquidity), in particular LCR, PRA110, NSFR and ALMM
- Detailed understanding of liquidity regulatory requirements and the policies, procedures and strategies to manage this risk.
- A proven ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex regulation
- Experience drafting complex, technical written reports and memos for senior management and regulators
- Experience with governance and risk management frameworks and systems and controls supporting prudential regulatory requirements.
Experience of working with Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx or other analysis tools would also be advantageous.