About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
The Specialist, Proposals Management is responsible for providing support to the Global RFP Team in the completion of Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and/or Request for Information (RFIs). On a daily basis, he/she/they will liaise with the relationship managers, subject matter experts across the different function of the bank to collate responses for the client questionnaires. He/She/They will also support the activities of the database administration in the maintenance of the response repository ensuring these are the most recent and up-to-date version.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- End to end completion of the Due Diligence Questionnaire (DDQs) and project management of response documents within deadlines.
- Run kick-off call discussion with client service teams to define client requirements, overall strategy and timelines.
- Source appropriate responses from database, relevant internal sources and reports, and SME liaison from different departments across the bank to collate and review data logically.
- Updates standard off-the-shelf questionnaires on a periodical basis
- Suggest content addition/updates to the database team
- Edit, writes and proofread the response document ensuring high quality standards
- Interacts on an ongoing basis with partners in corporate or product areas to obtain business statistics and updates tracking spreadsheets on regular (monthly/quarterly) basis.
The successful candidate would benefit from having:
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the field of financial services, proposal management, market research, business development or related work experience
- Degree in finance, marketing or business preferred
- Commercial acumen
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate;
- Attention to detail and solid documentation techniques;
- Strong analytical skills are required;
- Highly numerate with strong organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve;
- Ability to adapt and react timely and positively in a changing and dynamic work environment;
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads;
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team where the accuracy and timeliness of data are critical;
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment skills are required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects; and
- Proficiency in Excel and experience in large data analytics a plus
- Project management and organizational skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong command of the English language
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new tools
- Experience with proposal automation software (Qvidian, Loopio, RFPIO, etc) is desirable
- Experience with bid management, proposal writing or pre-sales support is a plus
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve!"Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and"apply today."#MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.