In Deals we solve the important problems that stand in the way of value being created, sustained, realised or protected for our clients - working together to aid responsible recovery and growth. Working on iconic deals with national and global clients, we put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises - from international take-over bids to financial crime investigations and cases of insolvency. We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients, to positively impact society and the communities in which we operate. This is a part time role. PwC supports flexible working and allows you to work in a way that suits you and your personal priorities while meeting our clients' high expectations. About the Team
There is an opportunity for a Senior Manager to join the Restructuring and Forensics (R&F) Liability Restructuring Practice.
The Liability Restructuring practice is a dynamic, innovative and growing business, which provides market-leading and award-winning advice to a wide spectrum of high profile, iconic clients including major PLC's and global brands. The team uses core financial analysis skills to provide advice to stakeholders and insights to corporates with a defined benefit (DB") pension scheme.
Our work involves understanding a company's underlying performance, strategy, business risks and cash flows to understand how well it can support its pension scheme obligations both now and in the future (the employer covenant").
Candidates are actively encouraged to build their network across a number of Line of Service teams and with external clients to build long term relationships. We continue to invest in our team, more than ever before, prioritising a sense of purpose at work and valuing diversity of background, thought and skill sets. Having a diverse and supportive team helps us deliver great outcomes for our people and clients. We encourage flexibility and innovative ways of working and have a range of working patterns across the team at all grades. We look out for each other, and team members are encouraged to share ideas and perspectives as to how we can work together as effectively as possible, acknowledging different people's values.
We operate hybrid working at PwC, and 40-60% of your time will be spent co-located with colleagues in an office or on a client site About the Role
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Lead projects working directly to the Partner and Director group.
- Coordinate and work with wider R&F as well as a number of other cross Line of Service and professional advisor teams.
- Be responsible for delivering detailed assessments of a company's underlying performance, strategy, business risks and cash flows and form conclusions on how well it can support and pay cash into its pension scheme both now and in the future.
- Lead engagements and discussions with clients to get to the heart of the company's key business drivers, identifying risks and opportunities, understanding the company's financial performance and the position of key stakeholders, to advise clients on appropriate action they may take in relation to the scheme.
- Carry out research on global groups, their markets and sustainability challenges, including ESG and climate change threats.
- Will work closely with the Partner and Director group to advise corporates and trustees on negotiation strategy and developing innovative solutions regarding how much cash should be paid into the schemes and by when.
- Support clients in assessing the impact and actions required as a result of major transactions or periods of change for businesses with DB pension schemes.
We operate hybrid working at PwC, and 40-60% of your time will be spent co-located with colleagues in an office or on a client site Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate would have an enquiring mind, initiative, strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to consider an issue from different stakeholder perspectives, and the ability to grasp new concepts quickly. Why the Covenant Advisory team
- Opportunity to be part of the Restructuring and Forensics (R&F) Liability Restructuring team and the largest covenant practice in the UK
- Career progression opportunities
- Manage and build your own portfolio of clients and projects
- Market leading and award winning local and national practice
- Build and develop core analysis skills - financial analysis, scenario modelling, business risks and opportunities assessment, group structuring, transaction review, negotiation and stakeholder management
- Diverse and exciting client base providing opportunity to gain insight into a wide range of high-profile businesses, sectors and environments.
- Opportunity for flexible working, largely office based
- Work cross Line of Service with marketing and business development teams