In Deals we solve the important problems that stand in the way of value being created, sustained, realised or protected for our clients - working together to aid responsible recovery and growth. Working on iconic deals with national and global clients, we put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises - from international take-over bids to financial crime investigations and cases of insolvency. We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients, to positively impact society and the communities in which we operate. About the Team
There is an opportunity for a Manager to join the Restructuring and Forensics (R&F) Liability and Restructuring Team.
The Liability and Restructuring practice is a dynamic, innovative and growing business, which provides market-leading and award-winning advice to a wide spectrum of high profile, iconic clients including major PLC's and global brands. The team uses core financial analysis skills to provide advice to stakeholders and insights to corporates with a defined benefit (DB") pension scheme.
Our work involves understanding a company's underlying performance, strategy, business risks and cash flows to understand how well it can support its pension scheme obligations both now and in the future (the employer covenant").
Candidates are actively encouraged to build their network across a number of Line of Service teams and with external clients to build long term relationships. We continue to invest in our team, more than ever before, prioritising a sense of purpose at work and valuing diversity of background, thought and skill sets. Having a diverse and supportive team helps us deliver great outcomes for our people and clients. We encourage flexibility and innovative ways of working and have a range of working patterns across the team at all grades. We look out for each other, and team members are encouraged to share ideas and perspectives as to how we can work together as effectively as possible, acknowledging different people's values.
We operate hybrid working at PwC, and 40-60% of your time will be spent co-located with colleagues in an office or on a client site About the Role
As a Manager you will:
Essential Skills and Experience
- Lead key parts of projects with the opportunity to report directly to the Partner and Director group.
- Coordinate and work with wider R&F as well as a number of other cross Line of Service and professional advisor teams.
- Develop an assessment of a company's underlying performance, strategy, business risks and cash flows to understand how well it can support and pay cash into its pension scheme both now and in the future.
- Lead analysis and discussions with clients to get to the heart of the company's key business drivers, identifying risks and opportunities, understanding the company's financial performance and the position of key stakeholders, to advise clients on appropriate action they may take in relation to the scheme.
- Carry out research on global groups, their markets and sustainability challenges, including ESG and climate change threats.
- Have the opportunity to work with the Partner and Director group to support employers and trustees of DB pension schemes through transactions or periods of change / stress.
Who we're looking for
- Each assignment is different and requires problem solving, commercial acumen and an enquiring mind
- Ability to independently manage projects and clients
- Sound financial analytical skills
- Report writing ability with excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to identify and debate business risks and opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels
- Coach and manage junior team members and ability to develop and motivate others
- Flexibility in terms of diverse industries and role
- Willingness to participate in marketing and business development, demonstrating a proactive approach to the marketplace
- Proven project and time management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines in an exciting working environment
- Ability to learn basic pensions technical skills
The ideal candidate would have an enquiring mind, initiative, strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to consider an issue from different stakeholder perspectives, and the ability to grasp new concepts quickly. Why the Covenant Advisory team
- Opportunity to be part of the Restructuring and Forensics (R&F) Liability and Restructuring team
- Career progression opportunities
- Manage and build your own portfolio of clients and projects
- Be part of the largest covenant practice in the UK
- Market leading and award winning local and national practice
- Build and develop core analysis skills - financial analysis, scenario modelling, technology, business risks and opportunities assessment, group structuring, transaction review, negotiation and stakeholder management
- Diverse and exciting client base providing opportunity to gain insight into a wide range of high-profile businesses, sectors and environments.
- Work with a highly skilled team
- Opportunity for flexible working, largely office based
- Work cross Line of Service with marketing and business development teams