an exciting new direction, offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Project Manager - Wholesale Credit Transformation.
Role Purpose / Day to Day:
Project Management jobs are accountable for successful delivery of the project and ensuring benefits realisation. Projects may be standalone or part of a wider programme of activity and may be located in project teams as well as BAU teams.
As this role is within Wholesale Credit Risk, experience of this area (e.g. PD, LGD, EAD, RWA) or linked areas eg Regulatory Reporting is beneficial.
Project Management jobs may have reports, these may be Business Analysts, Work stream leads, PMO staff or admin support staff. Project Management jobs may report to a Programme Managers or a Senior Project Manager or may report to a Business Manager.
The Project Management role will hold most or all of these responsibilities:
• Influence the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
• Drive project delivery proactively, balancing planning, scope, schedule, budget, communications and risks.
• Manage and plan resources, responsibilities and schedules.
• Establish effective project controls and procedures and quality assurance processes
• Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or programme leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
• Provide management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across
This role sits within Wholesale Credit and Lending which is the unit within Banking that works across Product, Regional, Country and Sector teams on all lending related activities to generate optimal returns and to manage and minimise risk.
Project Latitude is managed by Wholesale Credit and Lending Transformation in partnership with Group Risk Analytics (GRA) Transformation, where GRA undertakes the development of models.
Global Risk Analytics (GRA) is a part of Global Risk Function which provides solutions using analytics, tools, and models to identify, measure and manage key risks. GRA currently covers Wholesale Credit and Market Risk, Financial Crime Risk, Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk. As GRA is focused on model development and ownership, its activities are considered First Line of Defence.
The transformation function is responsible for delivery of change projects across GRA globally, working at local, regional and group levels. The team is responsible for process and organizational change as well as managing systems and technology projects.
The Project Manager role is distinct from the Senior Project Manager role in the scale and importance of the projects they manage and resource pool responsibilities. The Project Manager role is distinct from the Associate Project Manager role in their level of experience and independence as a project manager.
Project Managers are required to take decisions and lead change initiatives and on occasions manage stakeholder and senior management relationships. Project governance must be established, including clear sponsorship, tollgates and steering committee. The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision and will be expected to exercise independent initiative and judgement in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities or risks. He/she will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
Skills & Experience:
o Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle
o Excellent understanding of Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques.
o A thorough understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Transformation
o Strong understanding of banking and how change drives benefits for customers and other stakeholders
Global Risk Analytics
o A thorough understanding of the Model development lifecycle
o An awareness of modelling tools, techniques and systems
o Risk system architecture across Risk sub-functions - where relevant.
o Data management approaches and technology
o Understanding of the regulatory framework globally.
• Experience in delivering regulatory and /or capital models (PD/LGD/EAD)
• Understanding of Wholesale Credit Risk
• Broad understanding and knowledge of Risk Analytics processes, culture and objectives.
• Project management skills and experience
• People manager and broad experience in managing teams of different work streams
• Examples of the delivery of on time and on budget projects that achieve business case stated outcomes - a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
• In depth experience of working in a banking environment and change projects
• Stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing and running project governance
• Implementation, change management and benefits realisation
• Planning and Plan Management
• Risk and Issues Management
• Global Mindset
• Decision Making
• Lead Self and Others
• Business Case and Benefits Realisation
• Change and Implementation Management
• Financial and Budget Management
• Tracking, Reporting and Governance
• Stakeholder Management
• Resource and Team Management
• Delivery at Pace
• Achieving excellence
Qualifications and Accreditations
• PMP certification or training - Optional
• Prince2 - Optional
Any relevant local banking qualifications such as ACIB (Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers) - Optional