Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing, out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges. Why join us?
Why join this team?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus eligible
- Hybrid schedule! Remote for at least 3 days a week and in our Rosemont office 1-2 days a week.
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- Promote from within culture
Wintrust is looking for a highly self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic professional to join the Wintrust IT Internal Audit team. We are offering audit professionals the opportunity to develop their IT technical and auditing skills while learning about the organization. This position will be responsible for the execution of a risk based IT audit plan by completing operational IT audit testing activities. The position is part of the larger IT audit team responsible for audits related to the company's current and emerging technologies including Information Security, Data Management, System Implementations, Digital Channels, as well as other special projects. The role will work in a collaborative environment to execute the audits while occasionally working independently with supervision.
Hybrid schedule! Remote for at least 2-3 days a week and in our Rosemont office 2-3 days a week.What You'll Do
- Develops and maintains a positive and respectful working relationships with audit team members, audit clients, and provides audit insights on the company's strategic initiatives and emerging risks.
- Accountable for own assignments and holding others accountable for their work including proactively managing expectations.
- Actively participates in the successful and timely completion of assigned engagement deliverables pursuant to internal guidelines, procedures and established milestones, with high quality.
- Assists with the development of the audit risk assessment using a risk-based approach including identifying and assessing controls against best practices and research performed.
- Participates and documents walkthroughs with relevant business process owners and develops detailed narratives and process flow charts.
- Executes test procedures prescribed in the risk assessment with alignment to workpaper documentation standards.
- Drafts findings and recommendations for the purpose of status updates, audit reports, etc.
- Ensures observations from prescribed procedures and practices are fully supported by relevant evidence and corroborated documented information.
- Applies analytical skills to review information, perform assessments of the audit results, and evaluate the adequacy of controls.
- Communicates timely the status of assigned audit and project work to engagement supervisor.
- Attends and participates in audit team planning meetings and audit meetings with clients, including drafting meeting minutes.
- Maintain technical competence by ongoing training, seeking development opportunities and applying new skills and knowledge to assigned audit work.
- Provides training, coaching and audit expertise to the audit team.
This position is a member of the IT Audit team under the guidance of an IT Audit Director and administratively reports to an IT Audit Manager while functionally executing work under the supervision of an Audit Officer. The position will work closely with audit team members, internal audit clients, risk management and compliance functions within the organization, as well as external parties where applicable. The role is based in Rosemont, IL with occasional travel to banking and non-banking locations in and outside of the Rosemont area.Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant audit experience in internal audit, Information Technology and/or public accounting.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to self-motivate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate with clarity and precision.
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve with value add opportunities to the organization.
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Flexibility, multi-taking, creative thinking and good business judgment skills required to meet project deadlines.
- Team-oriented individual able to work independently, when needed.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Applied knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies, risk-based auditing techniques and auditing standards and frameworks (i.e., COSO, COBIT, NIST, ISO, ITIL, etc.)
- Experience in utilizing computer-assisted audit tools and techniques (e.g. ACL, IDEA, DataIKU, etc.) and internal audit management software (i.e., TeamMate) desired.
- Travel 5%-10%, as needed.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university, with a major in Information Technology, Information Systems, Operations and Information Management, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field of study.
- CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA is desired.
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.