Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing, out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges. Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 9 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and annual discretionary bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
The Lending Associate, Private Banking Group
originates and services a wide variety of secured and unsecured business and personal loans or lines of credit. In this role, you will service clients in all capacities of depository needs (business and personal) and perform general account maintenance while nurturing and strengthening customer relationships. The Lending Associate will also serve as a financial advisor for personal and business customers as requested. Why join this team?
What You'll Do
- We are a high performing, collaborative, and diverse team focused on growing the business by providing excellent service to clients and partners.
- We hold ourselves accountable to high standards, share wins, operate ethically, and have fun.
- Our portfolio of clients allows us to grow in our knowledge base and provides for plenty of opportunities for exposure to executive management.
- Serve the needs of customers seeking loans or lines of credit either secured or unsecured, providing an additional level of service for high net-worth clients
- Review applications and strategize with lender to obtain information concerning their businesses, needs, abilities, and earnings to determine whether a loan is an acceptable risk
- Obtain financial data, analyze information received, and make credit checks
- Make recommendations on loan decisions and terms to supervising officer; make loan presentations to loan committee
- Track and provide business financials to maintain credit quality of private banking loan portfolio
- Act as a liaison to Treasury Management, partnering for resolution of client issues
- Demonstrate the highest level of client service, ethics, and integrity and handle confidential information with discretion
- Banking experience required along with a strong knowledge of account opening, products, and services
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability of quickly establishing a rapport with individuals and building trust with clients
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Possess a strong sense of urgency with the ability to respond quickly to changes in priorities and tasks
- High level of organization and time-management with keen attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong decision-making capability; proactively approach problems with creativity, innovation, and tenacity
- Ability to adapt, improvise, and overcome challenges
Medical Insurance • Dental • Vision • Life insurance • Accidental death and dismemberment • Short-term and long-term Disability Insurance • Parental Leave • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • Traditional and Roth 401(k) with company match • Flexible Spending Account (FSA) • Employee Stock Purchase Plan at 5% discount • Critical Illness Insurance • Accident Insurance • Transportation and Commuting Benefits • Banking Benefits • Pet Insurance
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.