Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. Job Overview:
The tax accountant will manage all aspects of both our income and non-income tax provision, compliance and planning. This individual will also need strong collaboration skills in order to obtain cross-functional data (Accounting, Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement and FP&A teams) in order to identify tax risks and opportunities. This individual will need to have an interest and learning tax technology and have the ability to synthesize large amounts of data into executive summaries for both tax and non-tax professionals. This individual will need to perform tax research in software CCH and BNA.Responsibilities:
What are we looking for?
- Prepare both income and non-income tax provisions & returns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather data and identify tax risks and opportunities. Explain big picture tax concepts to non-tax professionals
- Interest in tax technology and ability to synthesize large data into an executive summary.
- Inform and able to provide updates to management on new and proposed taxation guidance, and the potential impact on the company.
- Assist in the monthly closing process, including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and review activities
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Support financial statement for actual, plan and reforecast information
- Support quarterly and year-end financial reporting and audit deliverables
- Identify and participate in the execution of key Sox Controls
- Manage processes and controls related to G&A expenses
- Ad hoc requests as determined by management
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience
. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented
, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity
and continuous improvement
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 1-2 years' minimum experience
- Knowledge of Tax and non-Tax Technology (ERP, Alteryx, CCH, BNA, Onesource, etc) Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities and adapt to change
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of internal controls
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate well across business functions
- Experience in public accounting and broker-dealers preferred
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task are essential
- Demonstrated work ethic and proven track record of results
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate Excel and Access proficiency
- CPA license a plus
- Experience working with Oracle and Excel Spreadsheet Server
- Experience working with auto-reconciliation tools, i.e. Trintech
$54,200-$81,300/year Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play - such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer! Why LPL?
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation's leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission.
We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it's like to work at LPL? !
We take social responsibility seriously.
Want to see info on our benefits?
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life's aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE. Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com
email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant's bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL's Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.