At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference. We're strong and growing.
In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people.
We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business. We care.
We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about. Job Description Summary
Northwestern Mutual has 165+ years of history providing financial security to millions of people. Continuing that tradition means changing to meet the needs of our clients and financial advisors. We are a strong, innovative, and growing company that invests in people who care and create a positive impact. What's the role?
We're looking for a leader skilled in UX design who will use their expertise to walk through our digital ecosystem in the user's shoes spotting UX and usability issues. This individual will also recommend mobile and web solutions using their extensive knowledge of UX practices. UX design thinks about how an experience makes the user feel and how easy it is for the user to accomplish desired tasks. What you will do:
What the role needs:
- Lead the UX design and strategy for Northwestern Mutual's owned properties and channels, championing best practices and industry leading approaches.
- Works with Insights team to conduct surveys and UX research efforts to dive deeper into user preferences.
- Partner with key stakeholders to leverage our analytics and data tools to shape UX decisions, using both quantitative and qualitative feedback to measure and improve designs.
- Direct the information architecture of the owned properties leading organization, categorization, and labeling of information to create a coherent and intuitive user experience.
- Play an integral role in building out a testing plan in partnership with internal teams, including identifying strong test cases, creating hypotheses, designing test variations, and leveraging results to arrive at optimal solutions.
- Generate high and lo-fidelity UX deliverables such as sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and working prototypes.
- Bachelor's degree in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or related field
- 8-10 years' experience and expertise in web design
- A strong mobile background to help execute a mobile first" user experience.
- A creative problem solver who understands the difference between graphic design and user experience design and who loves to create simple and elegant experiences by considering every facet of the user interaction journeys.
- Resiliency, resourcefulness, and the ability to rise to a challenge - remain flexible, communicate openly regarding obstacles, and develop creative strategies to overcome those challenges.
- Must be proficient in design tools and design principles.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off....and more Compensation Range:
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.