CIT recently merged with First Citizens Bank creating the 17th largest bank in the United States with over $100B in assets. It is now the largest family-controlled bank in the country. The bank is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Omaha, Phoenix, Jacksonville, and Columbia.
CIT Energy Overview
CIT's Power and Renewable Energy Group consistently ranks among the top banks in leading financings for US power and renewables projects. In 2020, it was named Renewable Energy Lead Arranger of the year by Power Finance & Risk, a top publication covering the energy project finance industry.
- Analyze detailed financial models prepared by clients to evaluate lending opportunities
- Prepare debt sizing models and sensitivities
- Conduct due diligence and prepare Q&A logs for potential lending opportunities
- Review consultant reports from independent engineers, insurance consultants, appraisal, and power market consultants
- Prepare internal credit memos
- Prepare marketing materials for potential clients and lenders
- Stay up to date with industry trends and power markets
- Train junior team members on modeling and other job responsibilities
The base pay for this position is relative to your experience but the range is generally $110,000 to $125,000 per year. This position is eligible for variable compensation, which may be in the form of incentive, bonus, or commission pay. First Citizens offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits program which you can review here: .
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a quantitative field
- 2 years' experience in project finance at an investment bank or renewable energy company
- Outstanding financial modeling skills (a modeling test will be required)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including comfort interacting with clients and consultants
- Knowledge of tax equity and debt structures used in the renewable space
- Knowledge of VBA (a plus)