Job Description Summary
GE Vernova's Advanced Research business is the central innovation engine for GE's portfolio of energy businesses, which will be unified under one banner called GE Vernova. The research organization is made up of 250+ researchers representing virtually every major scientific and engineering discipline. Collectively, they are driving major research programs and initiatives to decarbonize power, accelerate renewables, and promote electrification and the creation of a 21st century grid fit to power a zero-carbon energy future.
In this role you will serve as the leader of Application and Cloud Operations as well as serve as the product owner for multiple internal software products. You will create strategic direction for your products and services, develop and manage project plans, and provide clear direction to the DevOps team for execution. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure strategies are aligned and progress is communicated. You will also own the DigitalWorkplace strategy & Operations for ARC Vernova and focus on providing best in class Employee experience to the Research team. Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Coordinate priorities across all Vernova research applications and products
- Lead application and cloud operations and coordinate operations execution with the shared pool of resources
- Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps organization to gain the competitive edge.
- Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
- Manage and coordinate software vendors guaranteeing that all deliverables provided are aligned with agreed requirements and targets.
- Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and major, complex products.
- Routinely collaborates with UX, Architecture and engineering teams on multiple issues and decisions.
- Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
- Demonstrates expert persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering teams.
- Lead the roadmap, feature definition, planning, and life cycle for all products and services in your scope
- Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
- Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
- Demonstrates strategic expert level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Possesses a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product
- Partners with Development Leadership to ensure healthy development process
- Engage frequently with the operations and development teams; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
- Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units.
- Responsible for maintaining the technical health of the products, applications, and services in your scope
- Manage day-to-day execution of multiple interdependent projects by working directly with cross functional team and/or performing hands on technical tasks
- Leads the Cloud Ops shared pool
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum of 12 years of professional experience in Information Technology OR Master's degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Cloud Architecture experience, preferably AWS
- Must be 18 years or older
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Experience working with others on a global basis
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- Significant project management experience with PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications as a plus
The salary range for this position is $132,000 - $220,000 USD, annually. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate's experience, their education, and the work location.
GE provides a comprehensive benefits package that provides access to plans which support the overall wellbeing of our employees and their dependents. These benefits include, but are not limited to, health care coverage (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy), a retirement plan that includes Company Retirement Savings and a 401K with Company matching, Life Insurance options, Disability coverage, paid time-off, EAP, and more. Additional Job Description Additional Information Compensation Grade
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Relocation Assistance Provided: