At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Hybrid position if local to the Milwaukee area OR the New York City area. What is the role?"
As the Lead Product Manager for the Container as a Service (CaaS) / Kubernetes Platform Team, you will be pivotal in shaping and advancing the CaaS product offerings at Northwestern Mutual. Your focus will be on enhancing our product management capabilities and driving the strategic direction of the CaaS platform. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute product strategies, ensuring the successful delivery of impactful products that align with business goals."
This role is to provide the following discipline within the Cloud Platform space:
- Vision Setting: "Define the mid-term (1-2 year) vision for the CaaS product portfolio, outlining how it aligns with business outcomes and developer needs. Cultivate a deep understanding of the products to guide the team effectively throughout the product lifecycle."
- Goal Setting: "Establish clear product objectives and key results, fostering alignment among the engineering, developer, and architecture team. Drive the team towards achieving goals by effectively communicating priorities and expectations."
- Roadmap Development : Accountable for crafting a comprehensive product roadmap that effectively meets developer needs. This involves outlining key epics and features across multiple products or platforms. Additionally, ensure integration with other cross-functional initiatives to drive a cohesive and impactful development process."
- Requirements Gathering: "Gather complex product requirements, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the platform under your responsibility. Review and validate requirements collected within the team, ensuring they align with the overall product vision.""
- Prioritization: "Define long-term goals for products and team members-balance priorities considering engineering resiliency, security, cost, and customer feature requests. Align product engineering efforts with corporate strategies and new product introductions."
- Container Orchestration Expertise:" Leverage your subject matter expertise in container orchestration, deployment, and management with a strong focus on Kubernetes, to guide the development of innovative and technically sound solutions.
- Market Research and Strategy: "Understand market trends in Kubernetes and their applicability and prioritize pilots/no-regret work for architects and engineers to solve the platform needs. Use data and market research to prioritize and develop product strategies that cater to developer needs.
What does this role need?
- Go-to-Market Approach: "Develop effective Go-to-Market and release methodologies for products within the CaaS space. Ensure successful product launches and adoption strategies."
- Data Driven: "Builds a culture of data-driven decision-making that influences various stakeholders, including business and engineering teams, to make informed choices that drive positive outcomes.
- Leadership: "Foster an engaging and accountable environment, encouraging the growth and development of team members. Break down barriers to empower individuals and teams to excel, aligning their efforts with business value outcomes.""
- Kubernetes Experience (Highly Desirable): "Preferred hands-on experience with Kubernetes as a developer or administrator.
- Cloud & DevOps Knowledge: "Familiarity with Cloud and DevOps platforms and technologies. Direct hands-on usage of Git (GitHub/GitLab), pipelines and modern development tooling.
- Technical Platform Product Management (Nice to have): "6-8 years of experience as a Product Manager or Engineer within technology-powered platform teams.
- Product Discovery and Delivery: "Working knowledge of modern techniques in product discovery and delivery, ensuring efficient and effective software delivery lifecycle processes.
- Decision-Making: "Demonstrated ability to make strategic decisions that align with business goals and customer needs.
- Communication Skills: "Excellent communication skills and comfort with executive facing meetings/comms, including the ability to engage in high-level business discussions and technical conversations.
- Matrix Organization: "Ability to work effectively within a matrix organization, collaborating with diverse teams and stakeholders.
If you are passionate about shaping the future of container-based solutions, driving product innovation, and leading cross-functional teams, we invite you to apply for the role of Lead Product Manager for our Container as a Service / Kubernetes Platform Team. Join us in creating exceptional products that cater to the evolving needs of our customers and drive business success. Our Benefits!
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.