Job Description Summary
GE Vernova's Advanced Research business is the central innovation engine for GE's portfolio of energy businesses, which will be unified under one banner called GE Vernova. The research organization is made up of 250+ researchers representing virtually every major scientific and engineering discipline. Collectively, they are driving major research programs and initiatives to decarbonize power, accelerate renewables, and promote electrification and the creation of a 21st century grid fit to power a zero-carbon energy future.
As a Principal Cybersecurity Engineer - Embedded Systems, you will be responsible for architecting, implementing, and testing of operational technology (OT) cybersecurity solutions for industrial control systems (ICS). You will have the opportunity to lead multimillion-dollar R&D programs aligned with GE Vernova's energy businesses such as Gas Power, Power Conversion, Renewables, Hydro, Grid Solutions as well as with U.S. Government Agencies such as the Department of Defense (DOD) and the Department of Energy (DOE). The technologies developed under these programs will be matured and transitioned into GE business products. Furthermore, you will shape and foster strategic collaborations with government partners, national laboratories, universities, and strategic business partners to drive innovative embedded cybersecurity solutions for GE Vernova. Job Description Roles and Responsibilities:
- Shape and pursue external funding opportunities for advanced research in the OT-cybersecurity space in close collaboration with U.S. government agencies such as the DOD, DOE, etc.
- Lead proposal activities as principal investigator and technical domain expert .
- Collaborate with universities, national labs, industrial consortiums, commercial partners, and others to advance the state of the art in OT - cybersecurity for embedded systems.
- Lead technology innovation as project leader and principal investigator of multi-million-dollar R&D projects.
- Drive technology roadmaps with GE businesses and lead development of OT- cybersecurity technologies for embedded systems from early-stage lab demonstrations to fieldable prototypes.
- Publish technical papers, file patents, and contribute to open-source communities.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience OR Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 13 years of industry experience OR Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 15 years of industry experience.
- Experience with writing winning proposals in response to U.S. government solicitations.
- Background in software development for"embedded systems"such as: computer architecture,"Linux OS, network protocols.
- Experience with Linux security and Linux driver development.
- Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms, protocols, or standards (e.g., TLS, X.509).
- Experience with incorporating hardware-based security techniques (e.g., HSM, TPM, ARM TrustZone , Secure Boot, etc.).
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be 18 years or older. You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Staying current with embedded programming skills such as: C/C++, Python.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (e.g., VxWorks, QNX, Green Hills, etc.).
- Experience with real-time embedded systems, microcontrollers, FPGAs, x86, and/or ARM processors.
- The salary range for this position is $130,000-$240,000 USD annually. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate's experience, their education, and the work location.
- GE provides a comprehensive benefits package that provides access to plans which support the overall wellbeing of our employees and their dependents. These benefits include, but are not limited to, health care coverage (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy), a retirement plan that includes Company Retirement Savings and a 401K with Company matching, Life Insurance options, Disability coverage, paid time-off, EAP, and more.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment. Additional Information
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Relocation Assistance Provided: