Job Description Summary
This position provides support focusing on customer service & prompt ticket resolution for GE Research conferences and symposiums. Working as part of a team at the MyTech Lounge while being the direct liaison with end users to troubleshoot & resolve their open IT issues. Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Act as IT concierge service to provide end users skilled troubleshooting for all their open IT issues.
- Focal point for customer interaction and support for all local IT issues including client, mobility, wireless /LAN , AV conference room, Network Printers, and physical connectivity.
- Maintain/resolve all open incidents/tasks within ticket queue in a timely manner.
- Partner with Global Aerospace Digital Workplace t eam on new technology introduction projects to ensure the campus is prepared to deploy and support the new solutions.
- Onsite hands and eyes support for other IT teams like Network and Server Teams
- Ensure all business policies and standards related to client services and IT security and compliance are being met.
- Deliver a customer service approach for IT support issues for GE Businesses and on-site clients, using any available tools and resources.
- Analyse and resolve complex hardware and software issues.
- Be a resource and guidance for customers with regards to Digital Workplace Solutions and Engineering Concierge services.
- Establish working relationships with customers.
- Identify and resolve problems, applying knowledge in complex, difficult or stressful situations.
- Communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Be a participative member of various teams.
- Perform all other duties as specified by leadership team
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 4 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 7 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 9 years of professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in critical IT operations support environments
- Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
- This is an on-site position where you must be in the office daily.
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job. Technical Expertise:
- Windows 10 and Legacy OS
- MAC OS
- M365 and MS Teams
- Print and AV
- Basic Knowledge of networking including VPN
- ITIL Process Knowledge ( Incident, Problem and Outage Management)
- ITSM tools like Service now or HP Service Desk.
- Business application basic level
- PC Hardware Including Engineering Workstations
- Mobility - MobileIron and Airwatch
- Basic Active Directory and Email
- Security tools like Windows Defender and McAfee etc...
" Business Acumen:
- Experience in mission critical IT operations support environments
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Experience working in a global organization
" Personal Attributes:
- Passion for technology and learning
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks, client relationships and expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates
The salary range for this position is $107,500-$179,200. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate's experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus/variable incentive plan.
GE provides a comprehensive benefits package that provides access to plans which support the overall wellbeing of our employees and their dependents. These benefits include, but are not limited to, healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy), a retirement plan that includes Company Retirement Savings and a 401K with Company matching, Life Insurance options, Disability coverage, paid time-off, EAP, and more.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Relocation Assistance Provided: