We are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who are keen to embrace growth and tackle the impending challenges in this fast evolving industry. You should be passionate about approaching things differently, while operating like a fintech within a bank. We are not looking for superpowers - we are looking for knowledge, enthusiasm and the right attitude to deliver our global initiative in a lean way.
We are building a new strategic digital business backed by a Global Bank, with the ambition to become the next-generation global fintech solution, supporting the needs of internationally minded customers around the world. With a global footprint, they serve more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services, enabling customers to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures.
To cope with our expansion, we are looking for Mobile Engineers
to join our mission and help us build a global product that's scalable, reliable and secure. You will work in tribes alongside product managers, user researchers, designers, mobile engineers, web engineers, data analysts and business analysts to define features specifications to create a high-quality and scalable mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms. You will use development methodologies and technologies that reduce defects from the beginning and quickly bring products to readiness.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with global product teams to create and evaluate the product roadmap - inputting on what we should be creating and how we should go about it
- Work together with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Cyber Security and other stakeholders to delivery world-class mobile applications (Android / iOS)with outstanding customer experience
- Help in system technical design, CI/CD and automated testing activities
- Work in Agile teams, participated in or lead Sprint Show & Tell
- Prepare necessary documents for technical specification and knowledge management
- Investigate and resolve technical issues in testing and production
- Apply quality software engineering practices through all phases of development and into production
- Contribute with analysis and solutions to fulfill business requirements
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards, maintainability, and performance
- Optimize mobile applications for performance, usability, and reliability
- Design and develop reliable, fast, flexible and decoupled systems
- Research, plan and implement integrations with numerous banking and payments systems
- Optimise performance of complex systems
- Create structured, testable, lightweight code in Java
What we are looking for:
- Good technical design and problem solving skills, and good communication skills, being able to take ownership and responsibility to work as an individual contributor
- Proficient in programming languages, frameworks and architecture including Kotlin, Swift, Node.JS, MVVM
- Familiar with RESTful APIs concept and integration
- Familiar with Cloud technologies
- Familiar with DevOps, Security and automation tool stacks including Github, Jenkins, Ansible, Checkmarx, SonarQube, Postman, Appium, Selenium
- Proficient in applying Agile development methodology in project development lifecycle and day-to-day work in scrum team
- Fast learner in integrating third-party services to core platform including data warehousing services and other business fulfillment services
- Have a product mindset: you care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions
- You're comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity and aggressive timelines
- Experience in both waterfall and agile development practices and comfortable with working in the DevOps culture
- A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery
Even better if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that is all about building things, creating new stuff, and disruptive technology that keeps us on the cutting edge of fintech
- Have knowledge of mobile security best practices
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks for mobile applications
- Experience with hybrid mobile app development using frameworks like React Native
If you've got the passion and dedication to help us go the distance and looking for a career that will help you fulfill your potential - join us to make a global impact!
When applying, please submit a full resume and attach your appraisal reports for the last two performance years. Your local internal application policy should be followed. For internal applicants in Hong Kong with less than twelve months in their current role, please also obtain and enclose the endorsement from your current line manager in the application as well; for more information, you can visit HRDirect and search for content "HKG: Do I need any approval to look for internal career opportunities?".
You'll achieve more at HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.