VP, Production Support Level 2 Lead, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 28 Sep 2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing. Job Responsibilities
- Team Lead of Level 2 Application Support Analysts with people management responsibility.
- Lead cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve, communicate complex incidents and deep underlying issues
- Performance analysis and fine tuning of real time and batch systems
- Assess operational readiness of new products / applications / flows. Drive non-functional requirements.
- Manage production defect changes and work closely with Development teams to provide strong governance for control for the applications in scope
- Manage Vendor for prioritization of issues, continuous service improvement, process improvement, cost management and audit issues. Conduct Monthly service review track SLAs adherence from vendors. Manage a workload which is subject to changing priorities and demands
- Ensures essential process / procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards. Drive the change in culture to ensure Production Support best practices is implemented while ensuring partnerships with developers and business partners are strengthened.
- Execute continuous service improvement plan, process improvement and automation
- Act as a facilitator and coordinate between various teams like Infrastructure, development team to resolve, analysis of root cause for complex issues and outages
- Work across multiple application management areas and support teams to ensure high level of support service.
- Effectively communicate and interact with infrastructure and supporting technology groups across a distributed environment to drive problem resolution and service levels.
- Work closely with 1st & 2nd level support and development teams to ensure team is meeting the business' requirements. Ensure team delivers on these priorities and communicated progress effectively to all stakeholders.
- Follow through to ensure incidents and problems are resolved according to SLA.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience working in IT industry with 6-8 years of experience in Technology solutions or support service delivery in the banking industry. Domain knowledge in Credit/Debit cards.
- Prior experience in large scale enterprise application development, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, and performance fine tuning and cost optimization
- Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead.
- Strong team player with management skills. Flexible and being able to manage time effectively.
- Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in leading staff in a Production Support group in a high availability / mission critical environment.
- Ability to technically analyse problems encountered with these systems and employing technical skills to overcome them.
- Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise.
- Solid understanding of ITIL methodology
Essential Technical Skill:
Be a part of UOB Family
- 5-8 years' experience with Mainframe JCL/COBOL system development. AS400/RPG experience will be added advantage
- Experience writing scripts, database queries, generating capacity and performance reports
- Change Management / Problem Management / Capacity and performance management
- Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy designs
- Interfaces and Messaging systems
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.