We are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who are keen to embrace growth and tackle the impending challenges in this fast evolving industry. You should be passionate about approaching things differently, while operating like a fintech within a bank. We are not looking for superpowers - we are looking for knowledge, enthusiasm and the right attitude to deliver our global initiative in a lean way.
We are building a new strategic digital business backed by a Global Bank, with the ambition to become the next-generation global fintech solution, supporting the needs of internationally minded customers around the world. With a global footprint, they serve more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services, enabling customers to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures.
To cope with our expansion, we are looking for Java Engineers/Developers to join our mission and help us build a global product that's scalable, reliable and secure. You will work in tribes alongside product managers, user researchers, designers, mobile engineers, web engineers, data analysts and business analysts to define features specifications (Fraud, Risk, Treasury, Finance and more.)
- Work with global product teams to create and evaluate the product roadmap - inputting on what we should be creating and how we should go about it
- Be the technical voice at the table, prepared to educate and guide the business on the right approach, technology and trends
- Apply quality software engineering practices through all phases of development and into production
- Contribute with analysis and solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Design and develop reliable, fast, flexible and decoupled systems
- Research, plan and implement integrations with numerous banking and payments systems
- Optimise performance of complex systems
- Create structured, testable, lightweight code in Java
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience working on the backend of a technology product (excellent Java skills and understand relational databases)
- Have a product mindset: you care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions
- Knowledge around kubernetes, previous experience around monitoring and observability, potentially security knowledge (checkmarx, sonarqube & wiz)
- You're comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity and aggressive timelines
- Experience in both waterfall and agile development practices and comfortable with working in the DevOps culture
- A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery
Even better if you have:
- Previous payment systems integration experience
- Exposure to the full stack, from frontend UI to the server side, business logic and database, and awareness of the leading technologies in each domain
- Advanced hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and its core architectural components / utilities
- Database management skills like scaling, performance management, capacity planning, etc., PostgreSQL
If you've got the passion and dedication to help us go the distance and looking for a career that will help you fulfill your potential - join us to make a global impact!
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.