VP, Non-AFC Advisory, Group Wholesale Banking
Posting Date: 28 Sep 2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients. Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of the Group Wholesale Banking ("GWB") Business Risk and Control Management (BRCM) team. Successful candidate is to support the team head in the following key responsibilities in Singapore and overseas locations:
- Formulate and strengthen governance on all risk frameworks, policy, framework, ensuring that GWB comply with all applicable legislations, particularly in relation to regulatory compliance
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify priority areas for review based on control criticality, emerging risks, and regulatory focus.
- Provide effective challenge to internal stakeholders on existing controls.
- Provide advisories and review Business Units policies and guidelines.
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders to deliver desired outcomes.
- Review and identify key emerging risks in GWB and/or industry and propose risk mitigating measures/controls.
- Ensure that potential risk issues highlighted by various Bank's risk functions, such as Group Operational Risk, Group Compliance, Information Security, Legal and Group Audit, are properly communicated and/or addressed within GWB.
- Work with Group Compliance and other internal risk departments to ensure that activities are coordinated to avoid duplication and improve the overall effectiveness.
- Identify and work with BU/GWB Data Analytics on risk management initiatives, thereby increasing operational efficiencies and enhancing proactive risk identification.
- Support the Business Units/Support Units in risk identification, escalation and remediation.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Business Units/Support Units controls (for example, through risk culture/operational risks dashboards, audit reports and fair dealing scorecard).
- Prepare risk management reports.
- Exercise oversight of BRCMs in overseas locations.
- Able to articulate and present to senior internal and external stakeholders including regulators and external audit.
- Ensure that GWB is kept abreast of the latest developments (including best practices), on both the risk and regulatory front.
- Conduct training where necessary.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Has minimum 8 years of relevant work experience preferably in audit, regulatory compliance/Line 1 Risk and Control role in corporate banking/wholesale banking of a full-service bank
- Proven and relevant experience in compliance of a financial services institution is required
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory compliance, risk assessment, processes and controls
- Knowledge of local regulatory framework of South East Asia region and data analytics would be a clear advantage.
- Team player, self-driven with strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to perform well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Prior experience in stakeholder management experience.
- Resourceful, meticulous, analytical and able to work independently with excellent verbal and report-writing skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Growth mindset
- Possess creativity and self-motivation to find solutions in an ever-evolving regulatory environment.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and interpersonal skills to positively influence people to make the appropriate decisions and resolve conflicts effectively
- Process-oriented and possesses a strategic mindset with the ability to have a holistic view
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference. Competencies