HypoVereinsbank is part of UniCredit, a pan-European Commercial Bank. Our purpose is to empower communities to progress by delivering the best-in-class for our corporate and retail clients worldwide, unlocking their potential and that of our employees. Digitalisation and our commitment to the ESG principles - sustainability & social justice - are key enablers for our actions. They guide us in accompanying and empowering our stakeholders. Through our sustainability strategy, our products, as well as through social impact banking, we contribute to a future worth living. Our success is based on the diversity and uniqueness of our employees. That is why we respect and promote equal opportunities in all dimensions of diversity, equity and inclusion: ranging from age and gender to nationality and religion. We do not think in hierarchies, but create an environment in which every opinion is valued. This is one of the reasons why we are being recognised and certified a European Top Employer. Join our team - Be true to yourself and grow with us.
The team Anti Financial Crime (AFC) Controls & Risk Assessment
is an integral part in the Compliance area ("Second Line of Defense" of UniCredit Bank AG). The team is responsible for the verification of the control environment and risk assessments especially around Anti Financial Crime i.e. Anti-Money-Laundering, Financial Sanctions and Fraud for all business areas. In case of identified weaknesses, we derive mitigating measures to strengthen the Internal Control System and therefore, foster the compliant behavior of the employees in the bank
. The team is furthermore responsible for the creation of transparency over Compliance Risk situation for all divisions. To achieve these goals, the team is planning and executing Compliance Second-Level Controls
as well as thematic reviews. For all above mentioned activities, there is a close cooperation and interaction with Group Compliance
. What you can expect from us
What we expect from you
- Learn how to prepare, organize and execute Second-Level Controls covering topics like KYC AML processes, fraudulent behaviors, Sanctions Monitoring., as well as execution of Risk Assessments.
- Active involvement in defining the control scope to create synergies between different regulatory requirements.
- Understand the process with the possibility take over an active supporting role in the identification of shortcomings, developing mitigation actions to mitigate risks and improve business processes as well as monitor their implementation.
- International network and interaction with business, compliance and internal/external audit.
- Learn how to analyze and visualize the data resulting from AFC screening and monitoring processes
- Possibility to be part of international regulatory projects
Our offer to you
- University studies in business, finance, economics, financial mathematics or alike
- First practical experience in the banking area as well as basic understanding of regulatory framework on the financial market is an asset
- Knowledge in data management (e.g. data analytics, extractions, preparation) as well as basic understanding of coding languages preferred
- Keen perception and strong analytical skills
- Structured and goal-oriented working approach
- Team player and the ability to work self-reliant
- Experienced user of MS Office and good programming skills in Excel and MS Access
- G ood English and German skills, both written and spoken
* #ComeAndStay - For top working students, we have a retention program so that we can stay in touch after your studies and hopefully soon welcome you as a permanent employee. * #JoinOurTeam - Our employees are the driving force behind our success and therefore our greatest asset. Because we are aware of our responsibility as an employer, we have once again been certified as Top Employer. Become part of our team! * #ThinkEuropean - We are not only one of the largest financial institutions in Germany, but as part of UniCredit we are also internationally active and successful. With us, you can expect a pan-European company with regional ties as well as stimulating career opportunities in the world's most exciting cities. * #ComeAsYouAre - We are committed to a fair and inclusive working environment. That is why we have signed the "Charta der Vielfalt", are part of the Valuable 500 and support people with disabilities in the workplace. The UniCorns represent our LGBTQI+ colleagues, while through our Gender Diversity Program we ensure equal opportunities for everyone. Inclusion is a responsibility we recognize and embrace. * #StayHappyAndHealthy - We care about your physical and mental health. Our psychosocial counseling, digital health weeks, vaccination campaigns and many other initiatives ensure that you go through your private and working life in a balanced way. * #EnjoyCulture - Art and culture are an expression of human existence. With the exhibition platform in the HVB KunstCUBEs, we support aspiring young artists, while with the UniCredit Festspiel-Nacht and the Hypo-Kulturstiftung, we ensure that feelings, opinions, and criticism continue to find their place in society. Enjoy our discount offers in Munich, Milan, and Verona.