Commodity Insights The Role:
Fields and Prospects Assistant Manager The Location:
Tetbury, London, Aberdeen Grade/Level
: 12 The Team:
Upstream Solutions from S&P Global Commodity Insights comprise some of the most extensive and complete information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases and software, energy transition insight, energy supply and demand forecasts, and comprehensive data on transactions at the global and regional market levels. The Impact:
The successful candidate will play a key role in managing S&P Global's world leading E&P database with a specific focus on fields and prospects data and will report to the Fields Director. This role will enable the selected individual to contribute significantly to the firm's expert research and analysis of global fields and prospects data along with Energy Transition focus areas such as CCUS and meet the demanding requirements of a wide-ranging customer base in the upstream and ESG space. What's in it for you:
By working alongside an exciting global team of experienced geoscientists you will become a subject matter expert global fields and prospects. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge around the wider upstream industry as it, and S&P Global, adapts and evolves with the energy transition. You will be responsible for managing data, initiating research projects, training new researchers and supporting the Fields Director. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Aid in the management of the worldclass Fields and Prospects dataset.
- Support regional field researchers with data projects and data quality.
- Provide subject matter expertise on global fields and prospects data.
- Work in close co-operation with colleagues and product management teams to help define what type of results and analysis customers want to see.
- Support an exacting customer base by responding to questions of various complexity and by providing deep subject matter expertise, timely insight, and good judgement.
- Stay abreast of current/hot topics and contribute to written/published products to broaden and build upon subject matter knowledge.
- Provide training for new researchers.
About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- At least a Master's degree in a Geoscience related scientific, numerical or engineering discipline.
- Detailed understanding of the Upstream international industry and associated data with a particular focus on exploration including prospect identification, full field life cycle, field development techniques, production and decommissioning.
- A good understanding of relational databases would be beneficial.
- Highly numerical and analytical with expert level proficiency in Excel. SQL and experience of data science techniques would be beneficial.
- Experience in a similar role and with an oil and gas operator, consulting, advisory or financial institution.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
293157 Posted On:
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom