As part of the ASPAC regional team, you will play an integral role in helping firms meet our collective Trust and Growth ambition, promoting consistency and collaboration, so that KPMG Inspires Confidence and Empowers Change for our clients and talent. This role presents an exciting opportunity to build relationships with senior leaders across member firms throughout the Asia Pacific region. Service Line Overview
The Strategic Pursuits Architect will be responsible for helping drive high-priority sales activity across the ASPAC region, supporting a strategic pipeline of large-scale business development opportunities from initial deal shaping through to bid response, negotiation and close. This is a high-profile opportunity within KPMG. You will be playing a crucial role in helping to drive the business forward and will be part of a dynamic team culture offering strong internal networks and support. Key Responsibilities
Your role will be to focus on managing a pipeline of regional client opportunities within the ASPAC region whilst supporting Regional Solution Leaders, Regional Sector Heads and Client Lead Partners (CLPs) as they originate and cultivate major opportunities that drive our Trust and Growth ambitions. You will work to co-ordinate the full end-to-end bid process, acting as a focal point between relevant member firms and regional support. You will work closely with other regional teams as part of the ASPAC RISE (regional integrated sales enablement) construct, ensuring CLPs and member firm teams consistently have access to the best of KPMG during the deal process. Business Development (30%):
- Engage with member firm CLPs and Client Service Teams (CSTs) to identify strategic regional opportunities early in the deal lifecycle
- Work closely with Alliances Directors, Alliances Sector Relationship Leads and Alliances GTM Architects in shaping and qualifying opportunities linked to regional priority Alliances, including SAP, Microsoft & Service Now
- Attend regional team calls relevant to priority sectors, service lines and solutions to identify regional support opportunities and share updates, where needed
- Establish an internal network of KPMG partners across the ASPAC region and globally with the aim of facilitating ongoing regional sales efforts
- Develop a working understanding of the firm's wider offerings, key sector trends / client issues and needs, along with competitor positioning to effectively support relevant regional opportunities
- Support the development and management of regional strategic pipeline and provide visibility of opportunities to leadership
- Facilitate internal sales conversations between CLPs and regional support teams, including the KPMG Delivery Network (KDN), as part of deal shaping
- Actively explore ways to add more value to client opportunities (e.g. cross-functional solutions) with a focus on bringing a whole of KPMG approach to the offering
- Bring new ideas into discussions with Regional Sector Heads as well as relevant CLPs and Capability and Service Line partners with the aim of enhancing sales efforts and value proposition to clients
- Act as a role model for Business Development and Sales in the region, sharing knowledge of sales and relationship management and promoting best practice
Pursuit Management (70%):
- Challenge thinking of teams in the positioning of propositions with clients
- Help oversee and manage regional strategic pipeline of opportunities
- Work closely with Sales Enablement Leads in region to support opportunities and bring a wider 'whole of firm' perspective to bid efforts
- Liaise with global and member firm CLPs, Client Service Teams (CSTs) and business development leads, where needed, to progress relevant and strategic regional opportunities along the sales lifecycle
- Help improve sales conversion via use of existing sales qualification tools, client and pursuit funding, pricing, contracting and negotiation
- Help co-ordinate and drive written responses to RFPs for major regional opportunities, where multiple member firm teams are involved
- Support preparation of updates for the Regional Deals Board (RDB)
- Build repeatable sales assets to improve bid efficiency and likelihood of successful conversion, where possible
- Manage complexity of multi-service line responses
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in bid response and in competitors
- Refine and position Unique Selling Points (USPs) to improve bid response relative to competitors
- Co-ordinate bid activities and tasks between relevant CLPs, pursuit team members and other teams including but not limited to: KDN, C&M & Alliances
- Act as a communications conduit between KPMG member firms (where multiple entities are involved in responding to a client opportunity)
- Act with a Global mindset to ensure the best of KPMG is engaged to support strategic bid opportunities
- Build relationships with other regional teams to maintain a good understanding of the latest collateral / resources available to support opportunities
- Engage across the Advisory, Alliances, KPMG Delivery Network (KDN) and Clients & Markets teams to identify and commit appropriate resources to support client pursuits and bid responses
Experience & Background
- Drive continuous improvement to identify and address factors contributing to unsuccessful bid responses
The successful candidate must be able to operate in a matrix organisation, work collaboratively and influence the actions of partners and staff across the ASPAC region. The candidate needs to have strong and proven relationship building skills, combined with resilience, cultural awareness, and diplomacy to achieve stakeholder engagement. The role will be sector-agnostic, however deeper expertise in Banking and/or Government sectors will be an advantage.
- Previous experience working within a professional service or corporate environment
- Previous experience working in Banking and/or Government sectors beneficial
- A track record within sales and/or sales enablement, with understanding of professional services markets an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure, manage numerous projects simultaneously across multiple time zones and deliver within set timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong and proven relationship building skills, able to hold their own with senior leaders
- Strong attention-to-detail with a proactive and hard-working attitude
- Ability to collaborate, co-ordinate and facilitate work in a team environment
- Strong understanding of services and relevant content across the firm
- Cultural awareness and understanding, with previous experience of working across functions and geographies an advantage
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].