KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
At KPMG's Consulting practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. We deliver both. Our Hong Kong division is the fastest growing within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes for success. Since our inception, we have acquired in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad range of sectors and services.
KPMG is the firm that views cyber security as a business enabler, and not just an IT issue. From the boardroom to back office, we help clients through Strategy and Governance, Transformation, Cyber Defense and Cyber Response. So that they are prepared for uncertainty and use cyber security to advance the business, not stand in the way.
We are now seeking Manager and Associate Director candidates for Data Governance Team. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Assess risks, identify gaps and provide advice on data protection and privacy for our client
- Evaluate data privacy and data protection practices of our clients
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments
- Deploy processes to manage privacy matters and stay compliant with relevant regulations
- Support data governance engagements across the full set of capabilities at KPMG, including data strategy, data privacy governance and policy, privacy by design, personal data protection, personal data lifecycle management, third party management, compliance and risk management
- Identify and communicate engagement findings to management and client personnel
- Simultaneously work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks, and increase data protection
- Communicate best practices by giving presentations, working with project teams, and authoring content aimed at educating others about standards, strategies, and otherwise defined best practices
- Work individually and collaboratively with team members to ensure breadth and granularity of strategies, standards and reference architectures for consistency and integration
- Drive preparation of proposals and put together solutions, supporting literature, diagrams, write-up, responses, etc
- Bachelor/Master degree from an accredited college / university in Computer Science, Law or other related field
- Privacy and data protection certifications preferred (e.g. CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in data privacy and data protection, ideally within a professional services environment or internal consultancy function delivering privacy related services
- Profound knowledge of data protection regulations, especially Hong Kong's PDPO, European's GDPR and China's Personal Data Protection Law
- Understanding of data privacy, confidentiality and data protection from a process and risk perspective
- Experience and knowledge in performing privacy impact assessments, privacy compliance assessments, design of data privacy policies and guidelines, personal data flow mapping and analysis, implementation of privacy training and awareness programs and advising on privacy by design
- Experience with usage or implementation of privacy tools preferred
- Appetite to develop your privacy skills further
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Strong client services orientation and accustomed to taking an active role in executing client engagements
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Manager
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients. To lead by example, we launched Our Impact Plan (OIP) which includes our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Planet, People, Prosperity and Governance.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
Please note that all information in this form has been voluntarily supplied and will be used by KPMG for selection purposed only.