KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
At KPMG's Consulting practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. We deliver both. Our Hong Kong division is the fastest growing within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes for success. Since our inception, we have acquired in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad range of sectors and services.
To expand our team, we are seeking Cybersecurity Red Teaming / Penetration Testing specialists to join our Cyber Defence team. This role focuses on various technical areas such as iCAST, red teaming, application and network vulnerability assessment and penetration testing, architecture and configuration review, source code review and social engineering simulation.
Cyber team members regularly interact with C-Suite clients, such as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Chief Information Officer (CIO) and their direct reports. Hence, a client-centric mindset, an understanding of IT within a Business context, and well-developed communication skills are desirable. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Perform vulnerability assessment and penetration tests on different platforms and technologies
- Conduct source code review to identify software program vulnerabilities and detect malware or malicious embedded code
- Conduct cloud / server / network / middleware security configuration assessments
- Conduct architecture review for cloud / on-premise IT environments
- Prepare reports on identified security vulnerabilities and possible recommendations to remediate the vulnerabilities
- Assist in continuously enhancing the existing security assessment methodologies
- Develop marketing and training materials to help develop staff awareness within the company and communicate KPMG's capabilities to clients
- Remain up-to-date on the latest cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities and regulatory requirements
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and prospective clients, and develop / improve your network of business contacts
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements and developing proposals
- Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge
- Continuous development of self and team, including managing client feedback
- Developing constructive client relationships, both inside and outside of KPMG
Benefits we offer:
- At least one professionally qualification required: CREST, GXPN, GPEN, GCTI, GWAPT, OSCE3, OSEP, OSWE, OSEP, OSCP, CRTE, eCPTX, CISSP, or other relevant qualifications
- Working experience preferred: Web/Mobile/Network/OT/IoT/other Penetration Tests, Vulnerability Assessment, Source Code Review, Appliance/System/Cloud Configuration Review, Malware development, Social Engineering.
- Knowledge in threat intelligence, reverse engineering, security products, incident response, SOC operation or other related areas will be an advantage
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, PowerShell) or programming language (e.g. Python, C, Java) preferred
- Able to understand basic networking concepts (e.g. routing, ALC, load balancers, SSL/TLS, TCP) is preferred
- Understand the industry recognised testing standards and have knowledge of common tools
- Strong knowledge base in enterprise technologies and operations, enterprise networking, internet application security, database security evaluation and architecture, with self-motivated learning ability
- Be able to conduct research and development and solve technical problems independently
- Be able to work as part of a team, and at the same time being an independent self-starter
- Have strong analytical, problem solving and inter-personal skills
- Commands excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas and results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Possess a recognised Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Computer/Information Engineering, Information Technology or a related discipline (STEM) is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- 2 years of relevant experience is required for this role, suitable candidates with less experience would be considered for junior position.
KPMG is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients with their cyber security challenges. In return, we are helping you to develop your skills and career within the KPMG network.
- Well-structured career development and learning path, 1-to-1 coaching by our cybersecurity professionals
- Access to various cyber security learning resources
- Wide exposure to working with leading financial institutions and corporations
- Continuous sponsorship and support on professional certificate development (i.e. Offensive Security, GIAC, CREST, etc.)
- Opportunities for secondment / exchange within KPMG Global network based on staff performance and preference
- Opportunities to attend KPMG overseas Global Cyber Events - such as HackNet / BlackHat
- One annual professional membership sponsorship on the approved list
- Work in a passionate team with blended cybersecurity talents
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].