Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Tech and Transformation team as a Testing Lead, supporting our Claims & Operation function s . You will be responsible for the planning, managing, testing and governing of both Small (BAU) and Large (Project/Programme or Product) level change within the QBE European Operations estate. Your New Role:
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters, Release and Project Managers for safe delivery of application changes (BAU and extensive) in alignment with QBE's SDLC schedule.
- Develop a comprehensive Test Strategy and Plan, gaining approval from key Stakeholders.
- Implement an intelligent testing approach with automation when suitable.
- Ensure Test Management supports all test levels safely and agilely.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and oversight of external suppliers' Test Governance, fostering a collaborative culture.
- Lead, challenge, and report on development and test progress with support from internal and external teams.
- Source test scenarios and approaches from documentation and artefacts.
- Collaborate with Architects, Business Analysts, Developers, and Users to design, review, and approve test plans, scenarios, and scripts.
- Design and advise on manual and automated test scripts when necessary.
- Promote the benefits of a multi-layered or iterative approach to software testing within the SDLC.
- Manage and remediate test efforts for small and large changes on behalf of the Claims & Operations Train and related Programmes.
- Lead permanent and contract team members, providing guidance for business value delivery.
- Chair Defect Management Meetings at Team and Project levels with internal and external suppliers.
- Report test execution progress effectively, addressing defects, risks, and issues.
Test Process Improvement:
- Collaborate with Test Practice, Trains, and Technology Partner teams to drive SDLC and Test Process Framework improvements.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis on defects and environmental downtime for proactive maintenance.
- Actively manage risks and issues that could affect the testing process.
Why QBE? Working for us. Working for you.
- Experience of working as part of a Product driven delivery team
- Experience of IT Change & Release Management
- Experience of IT Product, Project and Programme Management
- Experience of Test Management and Test Process Improvement Methodologies
- Experience of Agile Delivery Methodologies
- Experience of IT Quality Management and software & infrastructure testing practises
- Strong Stakeholder Management Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Jira & Confluence is an advantage, but not essential
- Knowledge of Test Automation tooling, frameworks and processes preferable
- Knowledge of Mentoring, Coaching/Training (self and others) along with the value of 'Continuous Learning and Unlearning'
We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you." Offering a great range of benefits which enable you to bring your best self to work, including competitive salaries and bonus structures, health and wellbeing programs, hybrid working for the flexibility of working from home and the office." In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. Why QBE? At My Best"
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best ". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference." In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce. "
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation (https://qbeeurope.com/careers/flex-qbe/)." "
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include; " "
" 5-star Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) awards, 2023 Winner -
Insurance Business Canada" " Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider " British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award" " Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year" " Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response"" " Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year" "
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent " Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in. "
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers." " ESG & Sustainability
At QBE, we believe that integrating sustainability into our business helps us deliver on our purpose of enabling a more resilient future." Our three key focus areas include fostering an orderly and inclusive transition to a net-zero economy, enabling a sustainable and resilient workforce and partnering for growth through innovative, sustainable and impactful solutions. For further information regarding QBE's sustainability targets, including our net-zero pledges and inclusion of diversity targets, and our award-winning impact investment initiative 'Premiums4Good', please visit our Sustainability homepage and read our latest Sustainability Report ( Link ) . " About QBE
We can never really predict what's around the corner, but at QBE we're asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage." "
We're an international insurer that's building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner." "
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We're proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities." "
With more than more than 11,000 people working across 27 countries, we're big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate and kind." "
We believe this is our moment - what if it was yours too?" "
Your career at QBE - let's make it happen!" "
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website. "
" What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to apply! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role." "
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process. "
" APPLY NOW and let's make it happen!"
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.