KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong is the fastest growing division within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we have developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services. We work with top tier clients across banking, insurance, asset management, real estate, retail, and public sectors in digital transformation to advance operations, drive technology enablement and integrate emerging technologies.
It is an exciting time to join us as we embark on a new phase of our growth journey. We are seeking exceptional Consultant level candidates who have a passion in technology and digitalisation from consulting and relevant backgrounds to support our clients in taking bold actions, bringing them the right insights, tools, and solutions to help them build a future-ready business.
We are now looking for Data Engineer to join our Technology Consulting team. Key Responsibilities As a Data Engineer, you will build the enterprise-grade data solution to execute clients' vision
Experience & Background
- Understand the current state process of the clients and bring it to future state improvement and solution for Big data and AI assisted data analytics
- Develop, construct and test data architectures such as databases and large-scale processing solutions
- Create ETLs/ELTs to handle data from various data sources and various formats, e.g. Batch ETL and real-time / near real-time Streaming ETL
- Provide advice on the data solutions & development tools selection (cloud / hybrid cloud)
- Develop API and employ a variety of languages and tools e.g., scripting languages, to perform data integration
- Build transformation and validation code that applies complex data aggregation and calculation in different programming languages depending on the project scope and requirements
- Document and write technical specifications for the requirements of the solution
- Plan, design and lead the implementation of a large-scale data platform (cloud / hybrid cloud)
- Work with the technical architects and application designers to understand the data conversion requirements fully and to design the conversion procedures and applications
- Analyse new data sources and work with stakeholders to integrate new data into existing pipelines and models
- Develop go-to-market strategies with team leaders and expand team data capabilities
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, data analytics or related field
- At least 1 year of working experience on data pipeline e.g., Azure Data Factory / Databricks / Informatica / Google Cloud BigQuery, Dataflow, BigTable / AWS Glue
- Hands on data related programming skills e.g., SQL / Python / Scala / Java
- Practical Experience with implementing large-scale enterprise modern data solutions e.g. data lake/data warehouse/data mesh
- At least 1 year of working experience on cloud data solution with deep understanding of cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options in one of the cloud platform Azure / AWS / Google Cloud / Alibaba Cloud / Tencent Cloud
- Certified in public cloud data engineers would be a advantage
- Azure Data Engineer Associate
- GCP Professional Data Engineer Certification
- AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty
- Experience in data governance, data visualisation (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau), GraphDB (e.g., Neo4j), NoSQL (e.g, MongoDB) would be advantage
- Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies
- Knowledge of market trends and emerging technologies such as Big Data, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, etc would be advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills and logical thinking
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].