Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job purpose
We have identified a need for a Digital Content Editor to support content implementation, entry, and maintenance across the portfolio of Canada Life public-facing websites, in total c.1800+ pages of content. The role holder will need to have an understanding of technical SEO, basic coding knowledge and a good level of UX experience which they can share with content owners across the business.
The focus of the role is:
Support the management and development of the digital experiences across the websites, customer and adviser portals and microsites, focusing on collating, uploading, and publishing content, images, and SEO-optimised collateral. Importantly the job holder must be able to challenge and design the user experience using data and design knowledge to ensure digital users have the best possible experience.
Support content implementation for non-marketing professionals who may own pages but may not need to use the Content Management System (CMS) on an ongoing basis. Ensure all published content is approved through the agreed sign-off process. Provide content entry/page build support via the Content Management System (CMS) to the broader Marketing team when required, implementing content that they have produced & approved in Aprimo.
Run and maintain the digital content process being the primary lead on the WebTeam inbox, where all requests are sent, actioning all content update items within agreed service standards, and ensuring that content is approved in Aprimo for deployment and publishing.
Design and build campaign landing pages, optimising the experience while considering SEO, accessibility, brand, and data capture.
In addition, this person will be a key member of the Digital Marketing team and will be involved in assisting Marketing Team members on ad-hoc digital marketing projects. Key Accountabilities
Follow the established digital content process, ensuring all work requests are properly briefed and funnelled through the Web Team inbox, ensuring that all content has been through Aprimo, and has a page owner.
Support stakeholders inside and outside of marketing, by liaising, discussing, and gathering requirements to build and deploy digital content/campaigns using the Umbraco CMS ensuring compliance with digital standards and the delivery of a search friendly and excellent end user experience.
Manage the Web Team inbox and acknowledge every email received within 24 hours and on receipt of brief, deliver content within defined service standards, clearly managing expectations of stakeholders to minimise lead times, briefing requirements and delivery times. Additional Responsibilities:
Assist in the management of our multimedia content (YouTube and iCan Academy/ WorkCast) channels:
Stay up to date with current trends and market demands, and curate content that resonates with the target audience.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Leverage your experience in managing media to contribute to the overall success of the YouTube channel.
- Own the iCan Academy digital experience, be the expert user of Workcast.
- Working with the Digital Marketing team to drive engagement across multiple social media platforms including, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter, through compelling and tailored content.
The role holder is fully accountable to follow the digital marketing content delivery process which ensures that all content on the website has gone through our approval process and is evidenced by our Digital Asset Management (DAM) system Aprimo.
This role is a check & balance to ensure this process is followed in full and ensures that content on our websites remains up-to-date and in compliance.
At times we must launch content at speed, thus being able to create and deploy content in an urgent/emergency is vital. In these instances, we may approve content online, so agility and accuracy are key.
The role holder is the key focal point for all web pages following the defined process, and service standards and ensuring that processes are followed as part of our governance around Marketing Compliance on our digital platforms.
Implement on-brand content as defined by our digital brand guidelines and accessibility standards. Help to ensure the Digital Experience Library is maintained.
The role holder will support the broader Digital Marketing and Marketing teams with campaign and content support working on ad-hoc projects across Marketing & Digital Marketing.
The role holder must have the following experience and skills:
- Experience in working on multiple CMS platforms including those with dynamic templating
- Excellent written English and grammar skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- An understanding of accessibility
- An understanding of on-page SEO
- Skills in writing for the web/digital channels
- Experience in working within brand guidelines and producing on-brand content
- Implementation of a digital content calendar, drafting, deploying, and testing content before launching
- Ability to manage and work on multiple concurrent projects with different deadlines and priorities
- Knowledge of Umbraco v8+
Key facets of the role:
- Experience in working in a regulated environment and working with Marketing compliance teams.
- Analytical skills and experience using Excel, web analytics software, heat mapping tools, and SEO programs
- Understanding of digital accessibility, W3C guidance, GDPR, and data processing on digital platforms
- Knowledge of digital analytics packages e.g., Google Analytics GA4/Looker studio, Hotjar or similar
- Busy, at times high-pressure role, ability to manage and work on multiple concurrent projects to different deadlines and priorities
- Strong knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Experience in supporting colleagues at both senior and junior levels
- Experienced user of analytics packages such as Google Analytics GA4/Looker studio or Similar
- Advanced experience with MS Office suite
- Experience in working on dynamic templating CMS platforms
Benefits of working at Canada Life
- Digital Content Marketing CIM qualification
- Qualification in SEO-Google Academy qualification
- Experience in working on Umbraco v8 and above.
We believe in recognising and rewarding our people, so we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that's regularly reviewed. As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including a generous pension and bonus scheme, along with, income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance. We have a fantastic number of other benefits and support services as well as regular personal and professional development. How we work at Canada Life
Our culture is unique and incredibly important to us. We care about doing the right thing for our people, customers and community and helping others to build better futures. Our blueprint behaviours shape and influence how we work, and are central to the relationships we have with others. Every day we are encouraged to be more curious, own the outcome, face into things together and find a way forward.
We want colleagues to have rewarding careers with us so we invest in the development of our people, technology and workplaces. That's why we offer a range of training, flexible working and opportunities to grow and develop. Diversity and inclusion
Building an inclusive workplace with a diverse workforce where everyone can feel they belong and achieve their potential regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other characteristic is a key commitment for us. We are proud of the progress we're making in DEI, and we continue for it to be a significant focus.
"At Canada Life we believe in the power of great people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives coming together to build better futures. Emerging talent is crucial to our growth and creating an environment that continues to inspire us all." Nick Harding, Chief People Officer, Canada Life UK
We appreciate that everyone has different work and life responsibilities. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part time, for any of our roles should this be a requirement for.