KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both.
Our team in Hong Kong is the fastest growing division within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we have developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Our Data & Analytics team assists clients to develop and execute their strategy strategies by optimising the use of information. We enable businesses to realise their objectives through insights from the data and provide the right data to the right people at the right time. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- As a data governance specialist, you will turn client's business strategy into data strategy.
- Understand the current state process of the clients and bring it to future state improvement and solution
- Structure enterprise data governance implementation roadmaps including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Design strategies and roadmap to align data management efforts with business strategies which in turn aligned to key business processes
- Set up an enterprise-wide data governance framework and review organization behaviour policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Build and deploy a metadata management framework to cover data lineage, access control, data catalogue, data encryption, anonymisation
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company's principal information assets
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for data governance are clearly defined, communicated, and well understood
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Develop go-to-market strategies with team leaders and expand team capabilities
- Implement data operation management, e.g. monitoring data quality process, identifying data quality issue patterns, applying remediation plans, implementation of data controls, and managing data quality remediation strategies.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in management information systems, information technology or related field
- At least 3- years of working experience in data governance, e.g. data quality management, information architecture and governance design and implementation
- Practical Experience with implementing large-scale enterprise data management guidelines, policies, or procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills and logical thinking
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].