Prime Product Manager
As a Barclays Prime Product Manager you will be supporting Prime Sales and Trading in EMEA. The function is broad ranging and includes, but is not limited to: business strategy, cost management, risk and control, regulatory change and resource management. You will be involved in constant liaison with, and often provides the link between Sales, Trading, IT, Finance, Risk, Operations, Legal and Compliance. You will provide an integrated offering to clients globally with a holistic, capital markets approach for financing, execution and servicing.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Colleagues who perform 'onsite' roles will spend four or five days a week working onsite, depending on the requirements of their role and business area. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Collaborating with the Business to articulate business strategy, objectives, and planning, including analysis of volumes, clients, markets and competitive analysis
• Representing the Prime business internally and act as a central contact for firm, regulatory, and other key initiatives
• Driving efficient front to back coordination to ensure business continuity
• Helping drive business strategy through implementation of new products, change initiatives and control agenda
• Working with IT and the trading desks on business growth initiatives and participating in regulatory initiatives and working groups
• Partnering closely with technology and MCE partners on delivery of material growth initiatives
• Being responsible for representing and responding to product Audits, Conformance and Monitoring and Testing Reviews (Compliance)
• Engaging with infrastructure partners to ensure close connectivity and coordination across the business
What we're looking for:
• Bachelors Degree ideally in a Finance related subject aligned with a number of years' experience in the Financial industry
• Excellent understanding of Excel and PowerPoint and a high attention to detail along with significant analytical and problem solving skills
• Project management skills coupled with the ability to prioritise in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge and understanding of operational flows and key control points
Skills that will help you in the role:
• The candidate should be able to demonstrate significant leadership, credibility and gravitas possessing the ability to build relationships with traders and infrastructure leads
• Possess the ability to influence and negotiate across all areas and levels of the organisation and have understanding of Firms trading systems /operational flows and key control points
• Familiarity with the financial regulatory landscape
• Working knowledge of Fixed Income products and/or financing concepts
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within