Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join Inspect HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate, TMT - Global Banking and Markets. Principal Responsibilities
- This position will focus on origination and execution support for ASEAN TMT sector
- Previous exposure to TMT Investment Banking appreciated, but profiles of well rated analysts who are in other sectors (GIG, FIG etc.) or product teams looking to switch to TMT are also highly welcomed
- Work closely with senior bankers and experts from other groups of the bank
- Conduct sophisticated financial analysis and relevant industry research focused on TMT
- Development of various types of financial models in relation to debt and equity for mergers, acquisitions, and capital raising transactions
- Perform various valuation methods: comparable companies, precedents, and DCF
- Develop recommendations materials for strategic options to clients (merge, acquire, divest, spin-off, go public, seek strategic investor, etc.)
- Conduct preparation and review of materials used in the financing of clients, including investment memoranda, management presentations and pitchbooks
- Perform due diligence, research, analysis, and documentation on live transactions
- Create presentations for client pitches and their internal board meetings on transactions they are contemplating
- Affinity for current events, critical issues, and relevant news
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Deal execution skills for IPO, domestic and cross border M&A and strategic capital raisings
- Strategic thinker, demonstrable experience of working well within an international team and with colleagues around the world
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regards to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.