KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
We support organizations and executive teams in defining their ambition and developing innovative strategies that embed the agility, customer-centricity and operational excellence needed to thrive in dynamic markets. We draw on KPMG's deep functional expertise to work shoulder to shoulder with our clients through implementation and deliver targeted results by accelerating momentum, locking down value and de-risking both decisions and actions. We bring strategic thinking and the hands-on skillsets to deliver on transformation. We call this 'Innovation to Results'.
- Growth strategy: identifying and implementing a prioritized set of growth platforms that will enable clients to achieve their growth ambitions
- Operating strategy & cost: challenging strategic decisions and align their operating model to their business strategy and financial targets
- Digital strategy: consider the new opportunities created by emerging technologies, and evaluate their readiness to adapt to change
- ESG strategy: assists to set and achieve ESG goals, to embed ESG into an organization's DNA, and make ESG sustained competitive advantage for the organization
- Enterprise-wide transformation: provides the overarching framework for multi-year strategic planning, capital allocation, portfolio and synergy assessments, scenario planning, corporate centre redesigns, and other modularized enterprise-wide services
Experience & Background
- Design and run large workstreams or small projects with limited oversight
- Generate hypotheses and drive the storyboarding process
- Produce client ready deliverables that require limited review
- Construct detailed financial / business models performing complex scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Develop solutions to complex problems and challenge the thinking of more senior colleagues and clients
- Liaise effectively with clients whilst working on engagements and act as an 'ambassador' for KPMG
- Develop rapport and working relationships with junior clients and maintain them outside of engagements
- Be a strong and effective team player
- 2-6 years of relevant experience in Strategy / M&A / Product / Pricing / Actuarial team of an insurance related company (Insurers, Reinsurances and Intermediaries)
- Tier 1 & 2 strategy houses with extensive experience in insurance projects
- Strategy consulting or Transaction advisory or Management consulting in a Big 4 / similar firm with extensive experience in insurance projects
- Degree from a leading tertiary institution
- Sound knowledge of the insurance industry with demonstrated understanding of market landscape, key players, products, distribution channels, etc.
- Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil key strategic insights
- Ability to build complex financial models that support our recommendations to clients
- Strong slide structuring and writing capabilities
- Strong numerical capabilities and problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, structured thinking, and creativity
- Confidence, people skills, ambition and pragmatism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; Chinese written and oral communication proficiency are a definite advantage
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].