Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Financial Control - Policy and Advisory
. Principal Responsibilities
- Track new ESG and Climate-related policy developments across Asia and formulate interpretations of these, providing detailed practical guidance, distributed to a wide range of stakeholders
- Provide technical support on the implementation of new ESG and Climate-related regulatory requirements to functions, businesses, and other internal stakeholders to assist compliance with local and international regulations
- Research the Group's response to future regulatory developments, and influence the external development of regulatory policy by writing public responses to new proposed standards and discussion papers
- Provide regulatory policy advice and guidance to Group, regions, and businesses on regulatory and disclosure implications of ESG and Climate-related policy developments
- Interpretation of regulatory policy with specific focus on the emerging ESG and Climate Risk developments that impact disclosure requirements and regulatory capital
- Review regulatory and standard setting bodies' (e.g. UK, European, Basel, Hong Kong, and other bodies) discussion, consultation, and policy papers; determine policy view and disseminate to key stakeholders
- Brief senior management in the region and businesses on regulatory policy change
- Review transactions under Global Standards Manual (GSM) process for regulatory clearance
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Experience of ESG matters and the various ESG reporting and regulatory initiatives (TCFD, VRF, PCAF, PRA SS 3/19, Green taxonomies) is preferable
- Knowledge of the rules related to the calculation of regulatory capital and RWA, as well as any associated reporting and disclosures (Basel, EU, PRA, HK)
- An understanding of the risk, regulatory, and accounting treatment of a broad range of products, particularly those related to green finance, liaising with SMEs across the HSBC Group as required
- Ability to formulate and articulate defensible interpretations of regulatory and non-financial reporting requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving skills
- A proven ability to work and thrive across a multi-location team
- Professional approach and presentation
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.